chapter one - life with the dursleys

Eleonore's PoV

"WAKEUP ELEONORE! HARRY WAKE YOUR SISTER UP" shouted my aunt from the kitchen.

My brother, Harry and I lived the Dursley's since we were one and has never been treated like family by them, they always made us do all the chores and cooking like we're their servants. Sometimes, they would be really rough and physically abuse us really bad if we don't follow up to what they want. I'm the only girl other than my aunt and sometimes it terrifies me what they would do so it gives me a lot of anxiousness. Thankfully, they've never tried to touch me nor anything like that so far.

Harry is my twin brother only two hours older than me. Although we're twins, it doesn't make us identical. He has black hair while I have red hair. He has the same scar as me that never seemed to heal but in different locations. His scar is on his forehead while mine is on my wrist. We do have the same eye colour which is green. My body is smaller and skinnier than his and also makes me shorter than him. I'm turning 11 next month but feels like in a body of a 9-year-old.

Today is our cousin Dudley 11th birthday and they planned to visit the zoo today after breakfast. I expected them to leave us like how they used to but this time, we were allowed to come with them and I felt happy that we're allowed to come with them.

After breakfast, I went back to my "room" which is the cupboard under the stairs to get my hair tie. Harry used to stay under the cupboard too until we turned 7 where he got Dudley's second bedroom. I felt sad knowing he got a more spacious room but tried to think of the good side.

"Alright, you two. No funny business or you know the consequences. When I say that, I mean twice." Uncle Vernon warned us. I gulped and knew what he was saying. He would hit us twice as hard if we cause any trouble.

We saw a phyton snake that was sleeping and Dudley being an impatient spoiled kid, bang the glass window demanding the snake to wake up. He then left when the snake did nothing. Harry and I stayed and he talked to the snake as if it could understand him.
"Sorry about him. He doesn't understand what its like, lying there day after day... watching people press their ugly faces in on you" he apologized to the snake

Surprisingly, the snake woke up and nodded to Harry when he asked if it could hear him. Dudley then once again came over and leaned over to the glass then suddenly the glass disappeared and he fell over to the puddle. The snake escaped and before leaving, it thanked Harry. I only stood there stunned that I could also understand what the snake's talking.

A/N : Eleonore is pronounced as Eh - lee- uh - nor