chapter four - breakfast at the great hall

Eleonore's PoV

I went inside the common room to see green , black coloured room. It looks fantastic and elegant i thought. Some students have headed their way to the dormitories. I made my way to the girls dormitory as well.

4 girls in the room i'll be sharing with. My trunk has already been placed beside a bed. To make ourself familiar with our roommates, we introduced ourselves.

"Hi, I'm Pansy Parkinson"

"Hi, Daphne Greengrass"

"Millicent Bulstrode"

"Tracey Davis"

"Hi, I'm Eleonore Potter"

"Eleonore, Can we switch beds? I want to be on the edge, not the middle but not beside the window" Pansy wanted to switch my bed with hers

"Alright, sure" I replied

"Are we switching beds? I want to switch too. I can't be beside the window. The sun will directly come towards me when it's morning and I can't take a nap during the day due to the brightness of the sun" Daphne also wanted to switch bed

"I don't want to be beside the window" Millicent replied

"Neither do I" Tracey joined in

"I'll switch with you Daphne, I like mine beside the window" I replied back to her. This will be much more convenient if I want to do anything at night, i'll get some reflection of light of the black lake.

"Thanks" Daphne thanked me

"No problem" I smiled at her

Everyone went to bed at 10 but i stayed up and sit by the window seat. I can't seem to sleep so i decided to read my school books to get an idea of what i'll be learning.

Two hours past, then three, four, five, six hours past. I've read potions, transfiguration, defence against dark arts, astronomy and charms. It's already 4 in the morning and by then i felt tired so i closed my charms book and hop in my bed to sleep.

"Eleonore, wakeup. Wakeup!" Daphne woke me up.

"What time is it now?" I asked her.

"6:00. We have to go to the great hall for breakfast and Professor Snape will also be giving our schedule for this year"

"Alright" I sat up feeling tired. That two hours sleep felt like 5 minutes.

I got up and head into the shower and proceed to brush my teeth, use my unifrom and robes. Looking myself at the mirror, thankfully my face doesnt look tired. I believe i can freshen my self by going outside.

We five went down to the greathall and saw Hermione, Harry and Ron sitting together. I approached to them but stopped by Pansy.

"Where are you going?" Pansy asked me

"I'm going to my friends. The Gryffindor table"

"But they're Gryffindors. We don't hang around with them"

"They're my friends Pansy. I haven't talk to them since sorting. I'm going to them"

"Alright fine" she let go of my hand

I walk to the Gryffindor's table and greeted them "Hi guys"

"Eleonore, nice seeing you. I'm sorry you're sorted to Slytherin" Harry said

"Yeah, There's no witch nor wizards in Slytherin that aren't mean" Ron jumped in the conversation and Hermione nudge him with her elbow.

"What? I'm only saying" Ron defended himself

I knew he insulted Slytherin but I'm a Slytherin now, is that what he's going to think of me now? I ignored Ron and sat beside Harry, across Ron.

"Here are your schedules, you will have the same schedule for the rest to the year" Professor McGonagall gave the schedules to the Gryffindors. She smiled at me and didn't mind that I sit in the Gryffindor's table.

They all look at their schedules and luckily, they have the same schedule together.

I took 2 toast and an egg to eat my breakfast. Twins suddenly sat beside me.

"Hi I'm Fred"

"No, I'm Fred, you're George"

"No, we're Gred and Forge"

"My mother can't differenciate them two aswell. So you're not alone if you can't. He's Fred and he's George. Luckily I can tell the difference of them two." Ron told me

"Hi, I'm Eleonore" I shook hand with them and felt and electric on both hands of the twin.

"What was that? I felt a little bit of electricity" I asked them

"It's one of our products. We use this when we shake hands with new people. The professors laughed but Professor Snape gave us a montb worth of detention" They explained

I giggled and continued to eat my breakfast. Ron ate while talking to Harry. Hermione read while eating and I ate by myself in peace.

Severus PoV

The first day of school. First years with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw will be my first class then 4th years with Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.
I head down to the great hall to give schedules to the first years. They each have different schedules from each other.

I see where Eleonore is at such her schedule is the only one left not distributed. I decided to ask her roommates.

"Pansy Daphne, where's Eleonore?" I asked them

"She's in the Gryffindor's table" Pansy replied back

I look to see her eating beside Harry and the twins. I really hope the dunderhead twins are not causing any trouble to her. They can cause headaches. I walk up to give to give her schedule.

"Ms Potter, here is your schedule for the year"
I handed her schedule

"Thankyou Professor" she thanked me

"Ms Potter, I suggest after you're done eating you return to the Slytherin table"

"Yes Professor" She looked at me disappointed

I then walked away from the greathall back to my office. She looks like she didn't have much sleep. 10 years of teaching experience, I'm very much aware with students faces whether they have enough sleep or not.

Eleonore's PoV

I said goodbye to my Gryffindor friends and back to the Slytherin table. I see whether I have the same schedule as my friends. We luckily have the same schedule. Draco then came and sat next to me and compared his schedule to mine.

"We have the same timetable" Draco said to me

"Cool" was the only word i could reply. I didn't really want to have the same schedule as him after what happened before the sorting. I can tell he's very much spoiled. His platinum blonde hair is shining so much, brought back that I wondered so much gel did he use.

A/N : Eleonore is pronounced as Eh - lee- uh - nor