VII - Meeting

So, here I am waking up in the next morning just like it's just another day. If I have to be honest, I'm not even sure if I slept. I only know I did at least a couple of hours because, at some point, I managed to stoped thinking about the concert last night. But now that I'm awake again, it all comes back in a slowburn and a growing uncertainty for what is yet to come.

We're meeting Harry today. He told us about a fancy restaurant and that's where me, my mother and him are having lunch today. I don't hear noise in the house, my mom must be still asleep, which tells me it also must still be early. But just for the curiosity, and not to think much about how insane this all is, I reach for my phone to see what time it is. 9.42am.

I also see there's an Instagram notification. I usually don't give it that much of importance but I have to force myself to wake up properly, anyway, so I open the app. Going straight to it, the notification is a friend of mine from school sending me some text message "IS THIS YOU??!"

I sit on my bed slowly when I see a picture of me on stage with Harry Styles, posted by Harry himself. I look down to the caption "Get ready, it's a sign of the times."

This is insane. Is he insane? Can he do it just like this? Because, God, I look so fat. Harry look fabulous, though, as always. Scrolling down a bit as an instinct, I see some of the comments and those lead me to open the whole coment section.

"That bitch😡"

"Lucky bitch😮❤️"

Are the two extremes of what I read. It doesn't affect me, something I'm proud of in myself. I actually find it funny to see what people think, even more now that it's about me. Just to see, not to feel bad or whatever. I think even if it was all hate comments I wouldn't mind. I think, right?

"It is me..!" I answer my friend and I tell her the main things without details, just to update her on the situation. And as I do I feel a progressive pressure on my face.

"Well, ur all over the internet!" She replies. Really? I now open Google and type... how should I search it?.. "Harry Styles calls fan on stage to sing"?

"Yesterday, 31st June 2022, Harry Styles, ex member of the boy band One Direction and the rock star of the moment, performed one more show of his "Love On Tour" tour.

But something happened, just before the break, that no one was expecting. After singing Fine Line, Styles immediately called a fan on stage to sing that same song and after that, he took her backstage.

There's is still no information of who she is or why this happened. We must now wait."

Eyes wide open as I read the first article I see, all of them seeming to be fan-made. This is so weird. Neither I know what's going to happen. I scroll down and see that there's a video, apparently of that moment on stage. I don't hesitate and press play.

Everything. Him calling me. Me heading to the stairs. Us approaching each other and then all the moments before, during and after singing. Wow, almost like living that moment again. And we do sound really good, actually.

Now that I'm more at ease back at home, it falls on me how big this is. And I can't explain it. Overwhelm runs in my blood now and my vision gets blurry and watery, along with my nose suddenly getting busy. The more I sniff the more I cry, and a first tear escapes trough my cheek. I close my eyes and more are encouraged to follow that one. I was under so much stress, one I never felt so gravely, it is all coming down now as a dreams do when they come true.