XLIII - Shrapnels (part one) - Loop

We did, precisely, 23 more shows; two in Ireland, France, Italy, Germany and Australia each. Then, in between, one in Norway and Sweden each, too. Back in America we did also two in Brazil, two in Argentina and two in Mexico, before we did five more across the United States - excepting New York, of course.

Resuming, that resulted in the arrival of Christmas, spent in Nashville, and New Year, spent in Las Vegas. This last event was something else for me. First of all, it's Las Vegas! And second, New Year is probably what people celebrate the most. So you can only imagine the two together.

I made a point of internalizing the lights on the buildings, the buildings, the lights everywhere else than the buildings, which really seemed to be everywhere, to not possibly forget it anytime. At least, the area where we stayed at was pretty much like that; at night, if the window of the hotel room stayed open, the lights outside shined all the way through, almost seeming like we hadn't turned off the light of the room itself at all.

But I didn't mind, I liked it. And I was exited to go celebrate New Year at the party we heard of, the possibilities of what could happen not even fitting in my brain. Either it would go super well, or super wrong.

Harry, of course, was happy, but he didn't show off the same amusement as me. I suppose he's used to it; the lights, lust and richness. Maybe also the recklessness. So those were just his daily basis, and he remained to simply play cool and remind me of doing the same every once in a while.

We walked the streets as if the world was ours, imagining each poeple that came across us bowing at us. We did it on purpose, because sometimes it's good to think of ourselves as the main characters. It's fun, and can give us the confidence we need sometimes - and confidence is very different from arrogance. It just felt so freeing, in every aspect.

But there was a big but. After the last show there, a day before New Year's eve, I came back to the hotel not feeling very well. I was having some dizziness already, during the show, and then started having stomachache, too. I took a shower very quickly while Harry made me tea, and then I drank it on the bed while he took his own shower himself. I left it in half and fell straight to sleep before he could even come out.

So the next day I decided to just stay inside, lasting longer in bed than I would like to admit. But the simply thought of getting up to do anything of basic need made my head hurt. My mood was fine, only not my body, for some reason.

Thankfully, I had Harry with me. Even though he kept playing as if it happens everyday, bringing me things without saying a word against as if he's used to it. But I saw the way he looked at me, and how he forced his voice to not sound too much gentle, and how he held me as if I was dying, even though I was the one that wanted to hug him. And I let him, knowing he still had a party to go to, later that night.

Just like I calculated, he protested that there was no way he would go without me and leave me alone, and I insisted that I would feel better if he went to have fun, instead of taking care of me, lying that I wasn't even feeling that bad, and I would be sleeping the whole time, anyway, so nothing would happen to me. But then he tricked me, making me remember it was New Year's eve by claiming he would like to be with me at midnight, understandably so.

We ended up agreeing he would go, anyway, but would be back by midnight. I wanted him to have fun with friends or whoever would be there. He worked so much, so hard for all the shows - before, during and after - and for everything else, really. So I begged him to have a little time for himself, without worries. Honestly, I think he went just to shut me up, and, even more honestly, I missed him the second his lips touched mine in a later kiss.