Hospital Beds

Santana's POV:
___________
When Brittany came home from work I knew I was gonna break. I just knew it. We are getting married next week and knowing that Abuela will probably not be able to make it kills me so hard... I need her there. She was my mom when my mom wasn't there. After Britt carefully tried comforting me, I heard our house phone rang. My hands shaking, I answered calmly. It was my mom. She told me that Abuela was in the hospital bed getting treatments. Hysterically crying I asked Britt to drive me to the hospital. I was pretty silent the whole ride there but tears were streaming down Britt's face and I sobbed for the rest of the way. Brittany pulled over and I rested my head on her shoulder. She kissed me and wiped away my tears and comforted me. That is something she does very well. I felt like I was gonna die when we walked in the hospital room's door. I kissed Britt's hand and we walked in. In a very soft, calming, and raspy voice Abuela called "Santana, I've been waiting for you." I bawled by eyes out and kissed her on the forehead multiple times and held her hand. She couldn't really talk.. She just had a heart attack for heavens sake. But she still used what was left of her voice to tell me, " Santana, if God takes me tonight, please remember that you were my everything and that I'll always be watching down on you." My tears streamed down my face onto her blanket and I responded, " of course Abuela, I love you." She answered back with her eyes closing, " I love you too so much Santana." And she opened her eyes very carefully and looked over to my mom. "I love you." She said. My mom repeated it back bawling.She closed her eyes very peacefully as I was still holding her hand tightly. And I will always remember her last words being "I love you."