Chapter 46 - Battle of the Legend

"Flygon, the Mystic pokémon, a Ground and Dragon Type. This pokémon's wings can flap clouds of sand and they use it to get around unnoticed. It has earned the name of the Spirit of the Desert."

Eventhough Krookodile was a Ground Type, Kyra didn't want to risk a Sandstorm being set up. If Flygon got lucky, Moxie's current boots would be redundant.

"Be careful Krookodile, Flygon won't be easy to handle," Kyra warned, making sure she kept an eye on Flygon at all times.

Krookodile nodded and he too began keeping a watchful eye on Flygon, not wanting to let him out of his sight.

"You're right to be careful. Flygon, use Dragon Dance," Drayden called, making Kyra and Krookodile worry even more.

Dragon Dance not only boosted Attack, it also boosted Speed. It was a risk, but Kyra had to try and make use of Moxie whilst she still could.

"Krookodile, I know this is risky, but I want you to use Dig then Dragon Claw," Kyra said, hoping that having Krookodile attack from below would help.

Krookodile borrowed his way underground and began powering up his Dragon Claw to give it as much power as possible.

To Kyra's relief, Drayden didn't make a call for Earthquake. Maybe dealing with a Dragon Dancing Flygon wasn't the end of the world after all.

As Krookodile began to get ready to land his attack from below, Flygon got ready to land an attack of his own.

Before Krookodile could even go to land his Dragon Claw, Flygon had gone to use Dragon Tail and had flung Krookodile over towards Kyra.

Dragon Tail had hit so fast and hard that Krookodile hadn't had chance of withstanding the attack. She thanked Krookodile and returned him to his pokéball.

Now came the decision of which Kyra would be using as her next pokémon. Originally she had planned on using Samurott next and then Deerly against Drayden's ace. But now that Flygon was out instead of Fraxure, that made things different.

Eventually she made her decision and she sent Deerly out, deciding that using Deerly's Grass Typing would help counter Flygon's Ground Typing.

"Interesting, you took a while trying to think of which pokémon was best to use next. I was right in thinking that sending out Flygon would fool you," Drayden commented, pleased his strategy had worked.

Although Kyra didn't want to admit she had been stumped for an idea, it had been rather obvious. For now though, she and Deerly needed to focus on taking Flygon out.

"It's best to think clearly, I wouldn't want to make this battle too easy. Deerly, use Energy Ball!" Kyra called, knowing she couldn't let Flygon get in close.

Deerly formed the attack and she sent it towards Flygon, only for Flygon to block it with Dragon Tail. Dragon Dance was being a pain to handle to say the least.

"If you'll attack from afar, then so will we. Use Rock Slide!" Drayden called, he too getting well into the battle at hand.

Rock Slide was not a move Kyra wanted to see. Not only was it powerful, it also had a chance to flinch, something Kyra didn't want to risk happening. Her plan was risky considering Dragon Dance had set up, but it was worth it. "Deerly, use those rocks then use Jump Kick."

Deerly followed her trainers call and she used her speed and balance to jump in between the falling rocks of Rock Slide so she could get to a high enough point to land a Jump Kick.

Drayden and Flygon were so taken aback by what they had seen that they didn't have chance to react before Jump Kick hit. Never before had Drayden seen Rock Slide be used against him like that.