Chapter 70 - Strange House

Kyra and Lucario stuck close together whilst in the Strange House. Something felt strange for sure, it was as if the house was haunted. Or at least, it would be if Kyra's believed in hauntings. She was sure this was just the trainer's Psychic Type pokémon trying to protect them.

Kyra stayed on guard whilst Lucario used her aura to try and find the trainer. It was difficult considering Lucario had very little to work on, but she did eventually find a trace.

"Next floor up, first from the left," Lucario said, leading the way up the staircase to their left in the hopes of finding the trainer quickly.

The door was locked when Kyra and Lucario got there, which wasn't a total surprise. Kyra knocked on the door so the trainer knew she was there, waiting for a response before she spoke.

"Go away! You're not controlling Espeon again!" The trainer snapped, worried that Kyra was working alongside Aldith and Colress.

Kyra wasn't surprised by the accusations considering how stressed the trainer must be, she had to reassure them she wasn't there to cause harm. "It's OK, I'm not with them. I was the one who got them to stop controlling Espeon. I would never do that sort of thing to a pokémon, it's cruel."

"How do I know you're not lying?" the trainer asked, still weary about trusting Kyra.

"Because you're hurt. I wouldn't have come to help you if I wanted to harm you more. I know you have no reason to trust me, but please, I need to know you're alright for my own peace of mind," Kyra replied.

The trainer had his Espeon stop using Psychic to lock the door and let Kyra and Lucario come in to the dark room. They looked to be about the same age as Kyra and were sat in the furthest corner of the room with a Kadabra rummaging around in some cabinets most likely looking for plasters and bandages. The Espeon had certainly been aggressive whilst under the machine's control. Espeon walked over to his trainer and whimpered, apologising for having hurt him.

"Is that a Lucario? I hear they're super strong and pretty rare too," the trainer asked, curious about Kyra's Lucario.

Kyra nodded, "Yup, she's my partner and best friend, I wouldn't give her up for the world. My name's Kyra by the way."

"Konrad, these are my partners Espeon and Kadabra. Who were those guys, you seemed pretty mad at them?" Konrad asked.

Kyra gave Konrad a quick run down of who Aldith and Colress were and what they'd done. Konrad was relieved Kyra had stepped in when she had done, beginning to trust her now he knew she had been through a similar situation.

"I know Espeon didn't mean to hurt me, but since he was an Eevee up until just before he was controlled, he still knew Bite. It was the most common attack we used, so he used it on me too whilst he was controlled. My arms aren't too bad, but he bit my neck too just before the machine was destroyed. It didn't cut too deep or anything, then again I suppose it's best it's checked just in case," Konrad explained, hoping Kyra would be willing to help him.

Kyra agreed to check the wound from Bite and she got out what she needed from her bag. Since Lucario had the bag on her bag, it was much quicker and easier to find what she was looking for. When it came to first aid, she could do the basics on someone else...just not on herself. 

"Do you mind moving your hair please? Just so I can get a better look," Kyra asked.

Konrad nodded and tied his long blonde hair back, "Kadabra, do you mind turning the light on too please?"

Kadabra turned the light on as his trainer had asked. Now the light was on, it was much easier to see the wound.

Rather than focussing his attention on his wound being seen too, Konrad asked about what Kyra was planning next on her journey.