Perfectly Perfect Life

Ophelia roughly closed her book. Everything's so boring. I already read this book and I have nothing to do! She thought as she looked up at the ceiling and through the skylight. She and her family had had this house for as long as she could remember, but the the beautiful designs on the skylight never got old. The whole house never got old!

   After storing her book in a book shelf, Ophelia went outside on the deck, to get some fresh air. Her cat, Bliss, rubbed against her leg. Ophelia sat down and Bliss sat on her lap. She enjoyed the quiet sound of purring and the cool air. Everything's perfect. Perfectly perfect! But that wouldn't last.

   Ophelia's mom, Mrs. Vix , put oatmeal muffins in the oven. Following his sent Mr. Vix, Ophelia's dad, walked into the kitchen. "Hey honey, are the muffins done?" He asked in a hopeful voice. Mrs. Vix chuckled. "I just put them in the oven." She said. Mr. Vix looked away for a second. "So, have you thought about the-" he lowered his voice and finished. "-school?"
   "What school?" Mrs. Vix asked as if she didn't care. Mr. Vix put his finger over her mouth as if she was talking to loud. She took his hand off. Mr. Vix smiled and said in a whisper. "You know, the school. The one for Lia." Lia is Ophelia's nickname. Mrs. Vix nodded as she walked away. "I'll think about it!" She called out, a little too loud for Mr. Vix's liking. Ophelia entered the kitchen. "Hey dad, are the oatmeal muffins done?" Surprised, Mr. Vix jumped and turned around. "No." He said flatly. "Also, did you finish your school work?" He asked, but Ophelia had already walked away.

   Ophelia stared at the small seed she had put in the soil. Time to see what you grown into. She glanced at the opened spell book. She forced her self to look away. No cheating. She told herself. Slowly Ophelia began humming. Right as she got the tune right, her brother, Mike, swung open her bedroom door, quiet loudly. "Hey Lia, mom said the muffins are done." He looked at her for a moment. "Or you could finish your demon summoning." He looked as if he was holding in a laugh. Ophelia, who had started to pack up, stopped. "Ha ha, very funny." She said sarcastically. Mike took her a little to seriously. "I know, I'm the best!" He had a proud look on his face.
"The best at being annoying. And get out of my room! You've been in here for more than two minutes, you know the rules." Mike saluted and walked out the door, forgetting to close it. Jeez.

   After eating some muffins, Mr. Vix walked into the bedroom where Mrs. Vix was sitting on the bed. "The muffins were good. So, have you thought about the school?" He asked with a hopeful expression on his face. Mrs. Vix rolled her eyes. "Yes, it would be nice for Ophelia to go to a real school and not end up like... Mike." Mr. Vix said "Yes," under his breath. Mrs. Vix continued. "But, why are you so into this school?" Hearing this, Mr. Vix tensed up. "It would be good for our Lia." Mrs. Vix sighed and nodded. "So, when do we tell her?" She asked. Mr. Vix shrugged and sat down next to his wife. "I'm not sure."

   The Vix family all sat down at the dinner table. "Mike! What did say, no phone's at the table." Mrs. Vix said as she poured sauce on her pasta noodles. Mike put his phone down in his pocket. "What about Ophelia? Oh, I forgot, she doesn't have a phone." He looked at Ophelia with a devilish grin. Ophelia gasped. "Who were you talking to on your phone, your girlfriend? Oh sorry, I forgot, you don't have one!" Mike gasped and had a offended look on his face. Mr. Vix tried to hold in his laugh. The face Mrs. Vix gave him made him want hold it in even more.
   After the table had quieted down and Mike had gotten up to wash dishes, Mr. Vix cleared his throat. "Ahem, Lia," he started saying to get Ophelia's attention. "You know how your home schooled, would you ever wanted to go to, umm, real school?" Ophelia didn't like where this conversation was going. "Well, me and your mother signed you up for a real school, to help your magic." In shock, Ophelia stood from her seat. "What!" Mr. Vix was worried. This is not going as planned. He thought. "You'll be starting next week." He finished. Ophelia couldn't even say anything. All she could do was think of all the possibilities. A real school? Well it would be good for learning magic. But what about the other kids there?

   Her perfectly perfect life had just ended...