jealousy, jealousy

summary: Bucky's jealous

***

Nearly every time he saw you around the compound, he was there with you. He would always stay over or just come over to hang out and watch movies.

It started to annoy him. Seeing the both of you in the kitchen, laughing and giggling.

It always stung to see the two of you kiss.

He would grip your waist and you'd snake your arms around his neck. A lot of the time you'd both smile into the kiss, but Bucky'd never see that. It hurt too much to watch you kiss another man, so he always looked away.

He wanted to be him. Wanted to be the one you kiss, the one you love, the one you marry and the one you start your family with.

But he wasn't stupid. He was a trained assassin, trained to notice even the smallest of things.

So it really broke him when he noticed the small bump forming under those loose t-shirts you'd started wearing. He pretended to be happy for you when you had announced it to the team. He smiled and clapped like everyone else. He had made his way up to you and gave you the biggest hug he'd ever given.

He nearly sobbed when you showed off the ring. It was so pretty, just like you. It had a shiny diamond connected to a silver band. You adored it.

He supported you through your pregnancy, was there to help you when your now-fiancé was on missions.

He actually cried when you gave birth to your baby girl. 

Bucky entered the hospital room after.

''Hi, doll.'' his voice was low as he watched you hold your baby in your arms as he watched too.

''Hey, Bucky.'' your voice was coarse and gravelly as you smiled up at him.

He sat beside the hospital bed.

''I'll give you two some privacy,'' he said as he left the room. You smiled in his direction as he closed the door as quietly as he could.

''What's my Goddaughters name, hm?'' Bucky played with the blanket your daughter was wrapped in.

You sighed in contentment before you spoke ''Rebecca Darlene Wilson.'' you smiled down at your baby.

Your head snapped to Bucky when you heard him sniffle. His eyes were beginning to puff up and they were filled with tears that were threatening to spill out at any moment.

He set his head down on your blanket-covered lap and sobbed into it. You soothed him by running your little fingers through his hair with your free hand.

''I love you.'' 

''I love you too, Buck.'' your response yanked at his heartstrings.

You'd never love him.

Never.

Not like he loves you.