【Chapter 38】

❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Nightfall was soon approaching with the sun gradually setting below the households of the Kingdom of Katsuaki. No matter if they haven't been inhabited in thousands of years and now were seriously worn-down, (Y/n) remained to awe in its allure as she looked out a broken window, the tearing curtains gliding tenderly in front of her as the oozing sun seemed to have only a little more time left until it's retired for the night.

Hours have passed since (Y/n) last left the castle grounds and now she was dwelling inside of a decaying home—much like every single house in Katsuaki. Either way, the charm and hospitality that this house once had could still be seen in this house, with the numerous stuffed animals sprawling around with some portraits of the family that used to reside here dangling on the walls.

(Y/n) thought it depressing at first, realizing that they were all dead. Once such a mighty race—now extinct. Well, perhaps. If she was able to withstand such a carnage, how many others were able to as well? Shaking her head at such an encouraging thought (Y/n) frowned as she gripped her mother's crown close to her chest as she was curled up near the corner, not letting even a shred of light come near her.

She was still anxious about being found out by King.

With only a seldom light left inside of the deserted nursery (Y/n) peered down at the tear-shaped diamond that was fixed in the heart of the extraordinary crown, glistening with secrecy with the little light given to it. As silence dominated her ears (Y/n) mind drifted over to the miniature door that she came upon in her old nursery room.

What was behind it? And why did her crown—I mean—her mother's crown counter so vigorously to it? Was the feedback positive or wrong?

Groaning in irritation (Y/n) felt her head feel as if it was split open with an ax. Everything that took place today, from the deception and psychotic devotion of King to uncovering that she now has a relation that she never thought she would ever have with an object, has now taken a great tax on her spirit. All she wished to do at the moment was to lie somewhere—anywhere—and just rest; recover her strength for the next day.

Still clenching the crown close to her chest, (Y/n) laid down on the cool ground as she closed her eyes, fatigue that she didn't know she had taken over her willpower. Before she knew it, she was now far away from where she was.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ---- •°*"˜.•°*"˜