Chapter 9

It had been another week, and Claudia was honestly getting pretty settled in. Even so, she didn't expect to get attacked by Pepa. The hand on her arm had made her jump until she realized who it was. Pepa that pulled her into Julieta's room. Julieta's room kinda felt like how she imagined home would feel. It was warm,smelled like fresh bread, and was well lit. It made her feel at ease. The room seemed normal except for the gigantic kitchen in the corner.

"Target acquired and dropped off!" Pepa gave Julieta a little salute.

"Excellent, now all we have to do is get her ready." Julieta said with a smile.

"Umm, ready for what?" Claudia was so very confused.

"The festival today? In the village? We've been talking about it all week," Pepa sighed when Claudia showed no recollection, "Anyways, we thought it'd be fun to get ready together, and since Julieta's room is the most normal we chose hers."

Claudia nodded, still a bit confused. 
"I guess that makes sense in a way. Doesn't explain the dragging though." Pepa ignored the comment and turned to Julieta.

"Now personally, I think she'd look good with a small braided crown but the rest of her hair down. She needs to show off her curls." She said, reaching out and picking up a strand of Claudia's hair.

Julieta nodded. "I think you may be right, but what if we braided an emerald green ribbon into her hair. It would really pop and would match her dress."

"What dress?" Claudia asked, but the girls ignored her.

"It would look amazing. I'll braid but first I gotta grab a ribbon, I'll be back." Pepa hurried out of the room.

Claudia turned to Julieta.

"I can get ready on my own. You guys don't have to spend so much time on me."

Julieta gave her a patient smile. "See, we want to though. Don't worry we'll make you absolutely stunning," she led her over to a bench by a vanity, "Now just sit and relax."

So Claudia did, though she was still a bit nervous. Soon enough, Pepa was back with a ribbon. As she brushed out Claudia's hair, the girl began to relax. She hadn't remembered anyone ever doing this for her. It was quite enjoyable. Pepa finished brushing soon and began tightly braiding some little strands of hair. Meanwhile, Julieta got out some makeup and began working on Claudia's face.

"Sooooooo Claudia, I saw you were getting a bit close to my brother at the grove. Don't worry, I'll make sure you two get even closer tonight," Pepa winked.

Claudia grew bright red. "What does that even mean? I guess we have been a bit closer, but uh….yea. There's not really too much to it."

She wasn't sure about how worried she should be about Pepa's plan, but got distracted by Julieta adding green eyeshadow on her eyes. So enough Julieta was done and she began working on her own hair. After Pepa had finished her hair, she insisted that Claudia braid hers.

"Your braids are always so intricate and I feel like something different."Pepa explained as Claudia began the process.

"More likely, she wants to look good for Felix tonight, those two spin and twirl on the dance floor like they're dancing on air." Julieta smiled, "Reminds me of me and my Augustin."

Pepa smiled and a white fluffy cloud appeared over her head. 

"Yea, Felix is pretty great," she said dreamily,"he's so understanding and sweet. Always complimentary and calm. He doesn't even mind when I form a twister."

The girls fell back into chatter and soon enough-

"And we are done! Well almost, we got you a surprise." Pepa reached into Julieta's wardrobe and pulled something out. "We saw this and thought it would suit you."