Meeting the Family

(If unaware Isabelle is 6, the twins 5, and Hope 7)

Isabelles POV:

The next morning Isabelle awoke to the sun shining through the windows, and hear footsteps outside her door.

Caroline enters and Isabelle immediately squeals and goes to hug her mom, who she was so ecstatic to see.

Caroline smiles," Hey, hun I have some people I want you to meet. How about you get dressed."

My face glows," you guys saved them?"

Caroline nods, and Isabelle scrambles out of bed to change into clothes for the day.

I head out and catch up with Hope as out moms guide us outside.

We hear shouting, and I look to see that Hope is nervous but I feel pretty chill.

We walk outside and tons of faces stare at the two of us.

Hayley: Everybody, look who's awake.

Hope: Hello.

Isabelle: Hi!

Klaus: Hello

Hope: Mom, can I go play in the garden?

Hayley: Yeah. Sure.

Hope runs off and Klaus stares after her, and then looks back at me. I can tell he does not know what to say so I help him out.

Isabelle: So you my dad then?

Klaus: Yes

Isabelle: you don't talk much do you?

Klaus: its just, I can't believe how amazing you are.

Isabelle: yeah, I get that a lot.

One of the ladies laugh and the rest of them smile

Isabelle: so who are all of you?

Klaus: These are your aunts and uncles, there is Rebekah, Kol, Elijah, and then Freya.

They each wave as their names are said so I am aware of who is who.

Isabelle: Wow, so are they my family aunt and uncles or friend aunt and uncles?

They look at me strangely, and I hear Mom chuckle from behind me.

Isabelle: You know, like how I have uncle damon, but he technically was family uncle. Well at least I say so. Then there is aunt Bonnie, and Aunt Elena. Oh, I have not seen uncle Jeremy in a while but there is him as well.

They all nod understanding what I am saying

Rebekah: We are your biological family.

I smile

Isabelle: cool, never had any biological aunt and uncles. Barely any biological family that I would see beside Hope through facetime and mom. Though I am okay with that because Family isn't always blood, it's the people in your life who want you in theirs: the ones who accept you for who you are, the ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what. I get that so I am eternally lucky, and now i also get blood family. Wow, and your all vampires so literally.

I start to laugh and giggle really loud, and they all slightly smile at my antics.

I then look at my dad and notice he is not looking extremely healthy.

Isabelle: Dad? Are you okay? You don't look okay...

My moms face looks at me worriedly

Klaus: Yes, just a little sick