Sorrow in the Grave

I wake up alertly and say," Claude ... Amelia... Banshee.."

My mom gives me a strange look," Honey oh, what are you talking about... Um, your sisters said you had an ear-piercing scream that knocked you out. Do you know what happened? "

I leaned back against my bed processing the information that I have just recalled along with the death of my dear Aunt Haley. it's all just so much to take in. I haven't yet mythological creature who screamed death predictions of that death that may occur, when there's so much death, and who knows what else. It's just heartbreaking oh, I remembered Claude and Amilia saying that I wouldn't remember until I unlock my Banshee side and that would only happen after a death that causes me great pain. I think that's not very fair for me to remember the conversation after that cuz now I'm processing both. I see my mom's face and she's too hot but she's also so worried. she wasn't prepared for this oh, and she didn't ask for this.

I look at my mom," mom oh, I had some Vision not too long ago but I remember it to till now. you and pictures of your family line talk to me. they had said how every so often a member of our family has his new Supernatural ability. And my case it's a banshee, which is a supernatural creature that basically screams in warning of death or at death. curse, Maybe. Gift, Maybe. Right now I'm just trying to process it all and I hope you can as well. because now I have to attend a funeral and make sure hope it's okay. I'm sorry that I scared you."

My mom takes the second to process it all," don't say sorry okay, hey I'll do some more research for you to understand what a Banshee all is. and you're free to go to New Orleans if that's what you want right now. if so, I need you to stay with your family and stay safe. Under no circumstances can anything happen to you, understand, because I love you so much."

my mom hugs me hugs her back tears dripping down my face, it's gonna be such a change without Haley in our lives anymore.

later that day I pack some stuff before getting a ride to New Orleans, where the funeral will soon be held.

Upon arriving I take a deep breath, the whole atmosphere has a different tone to it. Now that I have unlocked my banshee side, I can sense when a place has experienced great death. New Orleans, this whole city has faced so much death of the supernatural. I shake off this feeling and enter the compound, to be faced with absolutely no one. It is deserted.  I drop my stuff in my room and pull out the black dress I am gonna wear.

  I drop my stuff in my room and pull out the black dress I am gonna wear

I look at myself in the mirror, my pale porcelain face stares back at me. A small tear rolls down my cheek at the thought that today is the day I officially will have to say goodbye to aunt Haley. I take a deep inhale and hold in the emotions that are stirring around my chest as I have to be there for Hope today. She is the one who will need someone by her side right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently walking to the right of Aunt Freya, and Hope as we walk down the streets of the french quarter, with lively yet somber music playing and many in black dancing to celebrate the life of aunt Haley. As I take each step it feels easier to breathe and honor those memories. I just can't help thinking about all the events she will not be at, but that thought is interrupted by Hope.