CHAPTER 3: Magic Spell Books

It's been a month since my mom's death. Today was her funeral. Afterwards Auntie Mitsuki and Uncle Masaru were kind enough to take me under their wing. I told Rin and Amber that I'm no longer going to continue being a vigilant. They understood my feelings and Rin told me that if I ever needed them. I knew where to go. Amber decided to also hang up her towel.

I invited the team to the funeral. They agreed that they'll be there for me. I was happy that they came to it.

After I put the seat belt on. We started driving back to their house. It was silent Mr. and Ms. Bakugo were talking to each other. I decided to keep my promise to mom.

"Umm... Kac.. Katsuki?" I asked, looking over at him.

"What do you want?" He asked, annoyed.

"I made a couple of promises to mom before she died." I said, looking at him.

"What does this have to do with me, you dame nerd?" He asked, angrily, but I could tell he was listening.

"W-well one of them was to try fixing our childhood friendship." I said nervously,

"Oh..." He said,

"I like to know why you started bullying me Kacchan." I said quietly,

"Look De... Izuku. I'm sorry okay you didn't deserve to be treated that way. I'm also sorry for being an asshole to both you and Amber. I just... I just didn't want to see you get hurt or worse killed. You don't have to forgive me. If you don't want to." He said, I looked at him and smiled, then I hugged him.

"Oi, oi, oi. What do you think your doing you dame nerd?" He yelled, I released him.

"You know that I could never hold a grudge, Kacchan. Plus I promise mom that I'll stay the way she always knew me as. That being to always be kind and always keep smiling." I said, giving him a smile.

"Tch..." He said, then he gave me a small smile which I returned fully.

"Hey Izuku, what else did you promised Auntie Inko?" He asked, my smile faltered a little.

"I'll only tell you if you promise not to overreact." I said, looking at him.

"Why would I... you know what never mind. I promise I won't overreact." He said, I smiled slightly.

"Have you heard of the Emerald Demon and the Scarlett Devil?" I asked, looking down.

"Yeah... I've heard of them, why do you ask?" Kacchan said, I continued looking down.

"Well I was the Emerald Demon and Amber was the Scarlett Devil." I said, he was silent for a moment.

"You said was right. What do you mean?" He asked, I looked at him.

"My Mom made me promise to give it up and to become the next number 1 hero." I said, his eyes widen.

"Auntie Inko knew? And allowed you to continue before she died?" He asked, I nodded.

"Look Kacchan. Mom didn't want me to be a vigilant. But after I told her about my powers with personas she agreed, but told me that when I started high school I would have to stop." I said, suddenly I remembered something my mom said before she died.

"Izuku... before... I d-die... There's a hidden floorboard under my bed... Open it you'll find something that's... That's been in my side of family for... For generations... You, Amber, Katsuki, and others you trust should be able to use it... It will help you all more than anything else... Your the only one left of the Midoriya Family, Izuku..."

"Hey Uncle Masaru? Can we stop by my old apartment. I just remembered something my mom told me." I said, he look at me through the mirror.

"Sure Izuku. What did you remember I'm just curious." He asked, I smiled.