4.

Getting ready for my day like I've done every day of the 22 years I've been here, but now, there's no more annoying siblings, no abusive and neglectful 'family' members; nothing but silence. Relishing in this new circumstance I start humming, doing some small quirky dances I slowly make my way to the kitchen.

Doing a terrible impression of Michael Jackson's moonwalk I reach the fridge, grabbing a few eggs from the fridge, along with butter I set them along the island we have. Then I close the fridge after grabbing some strawberries.

You see, a celebration is needed in certain situations. After breakfast, I'll start to immediately head to all the communities and houses near me that the Gemini Coven has located and/or come in contact with, and steal all of their stuff. Another thing I want to do is find all of the community-breaking items I can, learn as much as possible about them, then see if I can do anything about them with my sucker ability.

The magic absorption is an incredibly overpowered ability but what makes it somewhat balanced is how it makes the people with it, unable to keep the magic they absorb after a certain amount of time. An example could be when the original Kai used this ability to absorb the traveler's spell. He had so much magic, but it dispersed after at most, a week. Which is bizarre and useless, such an amount of magic would have been incredible to even take a fraction of for most witches, but with siphoners, it simply stayed for a week.

Granted yes, the original Kai used a lot of it trying to learn control and how to do spells correctly; however, the amount he used shouldn't have been more than a tenth of the total magic he had. So that begs the question, where did it go? The magic, I mean. There's no way it just disappeared into nothing as energy never is created nor destroyed; simply transferred to another form, so I thought, what if I kept even a fraction of that power? Would my body be able to house it? Hypothetically if I had my own source of magic power, one that could replenish itself like how normal witches do, would I be able to add that power permanently to it? Also, what if I created a spell that could modify my own body, to be able to intake magic and add it to my physical strength and all-around enhance my body. Would it be permanent?

I'm rudely snapped out of my thoughts by my now burnt eggs. Well whatever, just strawberries are fine anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a year since then, after locating and confiscating hundreds upon hundreds of magical items, I realized I'd never be able to get all of them. And even if I could, where would I store it? So the first thing I did was find several artifacts meant for the storing of objects. One I found was a spell that when applied shrinks the intended item down to the size of a toothpick; apply that with an item meant for storing inanimate articles and boom. An incredibly large storage unit for all the useful things I find.

Also the reason I know it's been a year is because I've been tallying it. Keeping track of time so I don't lose myself to staying in here for a century taking everything I can.

I've grabbed something interesting in the short time I've been here. It speaks of a spell that's able to change the body type of a witch to have the ability to absorb physical properties of anything it touches, with the added ability to be able to shapeshift into several forms. This thing is a grimoire I found and read with some incredibly messy writing, it took me two months to even piece together what was written down. Now granted I wasn't reading this book every day but I was reading books on other languages and understanding simple phrases.

So yes, it took a long time but if I can pull off completing this spell with the unlimited amount of resources this world has, I'll be unbeatable. Of course, I don't firmly believe this is possible like anyone would be when reading this sort of thing; but if I can harvest even being able to change into a form of water, or fire, or stone. I mean, even if I only have one of those form changes I would be more than okay with it.