5.

After extending my hearing out, listening for signs of human life. Not having far enough range I start heading in a random direction. Humming a tune I know not of, I start trying to use my magic to light my fingers on fire, as Silas did in season 5 or 6, I think.

Seeing the fire come alive on my fingertips I gauge how costly this is to my reserves. Not a lot, but since this is just theatrics and can't do any damage I up the heat on it. Ohh, now that's costly but epic.

Having a super hot flame right on your skin burns, obviously, however, this also presents an opportunity to test more of my healing power. Intaking a sharp hiss of breath I extinguish the fire after a few seconds. Taking fast, short pants I look at my hand. The burnt skin and nails are regaining their original shade from the black and darkened crust they had. Healing burns doesn't take very long either, a few seconds later my skin looks perfect again, like the grotesque and destroyed skin was never there in the first place.

Grinning I test out how my magic capacity reacts to the intake of magic from siphoning. I'm hoping that the magic I intake gets permanently added but I doubt it. Such an overpowered ability would be overkill to my already awesome self. Taking out a magic item used for being able to provide the user a higher intake of magic when doing large spells, I start siphoning. Yes! My magic is being refilled, or I guess the term is replenishing my somewhat used reserves.

You see, each time you use magic, your overall intake gets better. Even if the amount is small it is still needed. That's also the reason Bonnie in the original show always got nose bleeds in the early seasons and when performing large spells. She hadn't trained her magic 'muscle' long enough and was jumping to bench 400lbs when she should start with pushups. Such stupid use of magic would've handicapped her ability to use magic, the only reason it didn't permanently hurt her is, most likely, the 100 witches she used against Klaus helped fix her overused, small capacity of magic.

Okay, I understand my own magic and what siphoning does to it. Basically siphoning refills my spent reserves and very slightly increases my max. The rest of the magic siphoned becomes its own source, foreign to my own. I can still use it but I know for a fact it's not mine because it feels less natural. Growing up for 19 years with this ability and now it feels foreign while my new magic I've had for maybe 5 minutes feels natural. Such a contrast is weird, having two magic sources in the body, oh I can also feel the siphoned magic losing its amount, becoming less and less.

The crunching of leaves and sticks on my feet come back fully into focus as I hear a car drive by. About 200 meters in front of me is a road. Although dark, my increased vision allows me to clearly see the yellow double dotted line down the middle. The only reason I can see that is that the formation of trees is spotty and gets barer the closer I get to the road.

~~~~~~~~~~

Finally standing at the edge of the road, the side edge of course I turn left and start heading there. If this direction isn't towards Mystic Falls then I'll just head in the opposite direction. A super simple fix for a relatively easy problem. Walking down the road I keep my eyes alternating between my feet and in front of me, looking for any signs of lights to- oh I guess I am going the right way.

Seeing the Mystic Falls sign to my right, on the other side of the road I continue walking, only stopping once I reach the outskirts of town.

Something I need to do right away is have a place of residence so I start looking at houses I pass by. Knocking at doors and seeing if anyone's home is suitable for my presence. I mean I can't just kill the owners of a home I'm staying at because then I'll be susceptible to unwanted vampire attacks. Also, I wouldn't want the locals to become suspicious as I don't want to mass wind wipe the townspeople. I'm a villain, sure, would I do such a thing? Yes of course, but if there's no reason to needlessly lose my first experience near people that's away from my parents, then I don't want to. If I were to mass-mind wipe people then all the fun is spoiled.