Caged

Lancelot stood up in a rage and rattled the metal bars, shouting furiously.

"Hey! Let us out of here! Do you have any idea who we all are?!"

"It's no use, Lance. Calm down and try to conserve your energy."

Merlin whispered to him. Lancelot let out a sigh of anger and reined in his anger, then knelt beside Arthur and asked, "How is he?"

"He's not doing good. I need supplies to treat his wound."

Merlin said, bowing his head down and it was hard to tell if he was crying or simply staring at Arthur. As if that could miraculously wake the king. Lancelot only deflated further, his shoulders still tense, starting to reflect the gloomy atmosphere in the cell.

XXXXX*********************************************XXXXX

Merlin gritted his teeth and pulled on the spear that Arthur had thrown at a tree while trying his best to not let any of the weapons that he was skillfully carrying fall to the ground. After much straining on his part, it finally came out and he landed on his backside on a thankfully soft patch of soil, all the stuff he was carrying making a thudding and clinking noise.

"Merlin! Where are you?!"

Arthur shouted from the direction that the group was heading in and Merlin only shouted back from his spot on the ground.

"Coming! On my way!"

Merlin carefully got onto his knees then clumsily pushed himself onto his feet, giving himself a mental pat on the back for not dropping anything. He then headed in the direction of Arthur's voice, lugging the various assortment of spears and swords and bows and quivers. He finally made it to the group and handed Arthur the spear.

"Now try to keep up and don't make any noise, you clumsy oaf."

"If I'm making so much noise then you should have just left me back at the camp."

"Then who would've carried all our weapons, Murrrlin?" Arthur emphasized his name sarcastically and they bantered on like a married couple.