༻001༺

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

001: ruined

001: ruined

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Seeing the truth no matter what is hard. Not being able to believe, in those white lies that are there to protect your sanity, is truly torture.

A type of torture only the all-knowing would have, and it isn't possible to be truly and utterly all-knowing, right?

Well unless you never slept. Or if you fall asleep and wake up without a second having gone by. Always seeking knowledge about the inner layers of society and its faults, and for some reason blaming yourself for them.

You've probably felt like something was your fault, everyone has, it's called guilt. Most people only feel guilt when they've done something wrong, it can range from being a bad person all the way to murder. In all likely hood, you probably have felt this emotion, for one reason or another.

Previously I said most people, that isn't all of them. A few of them have felt this emotion for something that wasn't even their fault, to begin with. A problem deeply dug into society's views and opinions.

These people tend to blame themselves for everything, even if it isn't them that are to blame. Anita Aiko was one of such people, or at least she had become one through-out time, leading us up to where we are now.

It was a calm night, and the streets of Mustafu were practically empty. The only sound present was the noise from the window of an electricity store, a bunch of televisions stacked on top of each other, all of them displaying the same news station.

Anita Aiko had stayed in Mustafu for that very reason. the silent nights and resting skies.

She had looked at them every single night for as long as she could, wishing she could stay in front of the starry night forever.

She could stay there till the end of time, she knew she could. Yet, she didn't.

That's what happens when you get handed the string of the universe.

A delicate thread, that wrapped itself around your wrists, chaining you, holding you back no matter how you try to escape.

Her fate had been mercilessly blended into the fate of time and space, her destiny entwined with everything she would ever lay her eyes upon.

Most would call it a blessing, to have the power of a god on her fingertips. Only a few people would acknowledge what it is, a curse.

A destiny of loneliness, destined to be alone. She knew that was what was in store for her.

After all, the only person she had ever trusted ended up betraying her. How gullible she was.

Anita chuckled at the thought, her eyes closing as she did. Making the noise from the window stop, the wind in her ear no longer present.