༻002༺

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

002: clock-work

002: clock-work

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Did you know that the odds of being born are 1 in 400 trillion? The odds are so against you you'd have a better chance of being hit by lightning.

It's a funny thing, the entire thing with existence. How did we manage to make it through the odds, just for us to be miserable? Being here, having the chance of living, should be enough right? After all, other people have it worse than us.

But just because our hand wasn't bombed off, and our liver wasn't stolen by the mafia, doesn't mean we're happy.

That's just what people want you to believe, that you shouldn't feel bad, that 'you couldn't feel horrible, you have the power of friendship!' or something stupid like that.

Being invalidated throughout your life is something that can't lead to anything healthy, and Anita had managed to acknowledge that.

It had taken her years, of pain. Multiple therapists couldn't view her as anything but a monster. And, well, multiple ax-throwing dates with herself. But she made it.

Then it all came back, the horrible feeling of guilt following her everywhere, the feeling of being useless. The feeling of not having a right to happiness, because her struggles weren't physical, or as important as the struggles of others.

He came into her life when she was recently fourteen, and he made it better. They had been each others' rocks. Being there to catch them when they fell, resolving their issues together.

She trusted him, and she thought he trusted her. They were never seen apart, they came in a two for one package, everyone at UA acknowledged that. Just as a heart needs a brain to continue beating, and a brain needs the heart to keep it alive, just as an ocean needs the land. They were opposites, and yet the same.

They were the most powerful students in the hero course during their time there, her being number one, and him being second.

Usually, UA had the big three, but the two of them overshadowed their third. They were powerful, bringing shivers down anyone's spine when they had to fight them.

Almost all of their attacks were made to coordinate with one another, they seemed to have been destined for one another. He was the only person she had ever told the true nature of her quirk, and she regretted that deeply, the reason why being something she left unspoken.

Truth be told, she hadn't had a reason to stand out of her bed every morning for the past years but three days ago she was handed one on a silver platter. Her revenge.

She wanted to break him, as he had broken her.

And she knew the easiest way to do that would be to break down his career first, bring him to his knees in front of everyone. The mere thought made her smile. His career was so important that he was willing to kill for it, or at least he came close.