Chapter 1

"What will you do now Mandi?"

"For now, I guess I'll just stick around Liyue, see what this place has to offer."

"That's the spirit." The ship stopped as it parked on the dock.

"We've finally arrived. The rest will begin to unload any of the things we found from the mission." Kazuha told Beidou who turned to look at the anemo vision user with a smile.

"Alright. This calls for a celebration! Get Xiangling to cook us up a feast to celebrate our travels!"

"..." Kazuha remained quiet as he walked away.

"So this is Liyue huh?" I was impressed by the architecture. "I suspect Liyue is this world's version of China..." I said with interest. Looking around at the way people were dressed, the atmosphere was a soothing calm place. The air felt fresh.

"Cmon. I'll lead you towards the Jade Chamber. Ningguang is waiting there."

"Who is Ningguang anyway? Seems like you know her pretty well."

"Eh, we're just close allies you can say. She's one of the few people who trust me the most you can say. I do some of her dirty work for her and help keep Liyue at bay from danger from time to time. Then again, that's why the Adepti realm Liyue to protect the land."

"Adepti?" I asked, confused about what an Adepti is. I don't think I've heard of that word.

"A group of magical beings you can say. Magical beings and gods alike."

"I see... Guardians, that protect the land huh? That's neat." Amused at the new round knowledge I rest my sword on my shoulder and begin walking with captain Beidou.

"Oh yeah, speaking of which. I guess I should help you out as of now. Here."

"W-Woah!" Grasping the little bag that weighs a bit, I look at it in question and back to the captain.

"Call it your allowance. If you wish to roam around and not starve. You'll need Mora you know?"

"I'm a Heroic Spirit, I don't need food. But thanks..."

"You can thank me when you pay me back! Haha, just joking. Just promise me you'll experience new things."

"Sure boss." I smirked at her and nodded.

"That's more like it. Now let's go on ahead."

"Right."

-~-

"Ningguang! It's been a while."

"Beidou, I presume everything went well during your travels." Ningguang said. I noticed just by the Jade Chamber that this place was more than it seemed. Not to mention this place reeks of wealth and a royalty feeling to it, a feeling I'm all too familiar you can say. Meanwhile here I am in silence as I eye the ally of captain Beidou. She's beautiful I'll give you that, her movements and appearance just scream elegance and power. Those eyes of hers show fierceness...

"Oh my, who is this?" Oh uh crap! She's talking about me!

"Uh... Servant R-Rider at your service m-ma'am." Damnit! I stuttered, now she's probably got a bad impression about me. "C-captain Beidou told me a lot about you." Social interaction, my worst enemy.

"Hmm? Really now." Ningguang's eyes held a glint look in them, curiously, she eyed her fellow companion, Beidou with a small glare. "I do hope she did not say anything... 'Horrible'." Ningguang stared at Beidou who only held that smile of hers.

"Eh... For the most part, she just talked about how you made her do your dirty work."

"Hey now, I was drunk during that time!" Beidou said. "Anyway, Nin. This right here is Mandi. Found him deserted and nearly drowning in the middle of the sea. Took him in and well... He's a new crew member, to say the least."