Chapter 2

"Essentially speaking, you are an escapee who left your nation after the wrath of the Raiden Shogun who finished off your friend?"

"That is my story, yes. To say that I'm an escapee is fairly accurate. Inazuma is a region ruled by tyranny. To enter is hard, security and guards are everywhere."

"Right... Though you said that Inazuma is at peace now correct?"

"Yes. Our efforts against the Vision Hunt Decree, in the end, weren't for nothing... Now, Inazuma has a bright future ahead." Kazuha smiled a bit. "If only my friend could have seen the nation that we wished to change." He smiled sadly.

"The Raiden Shogun, I take it she's the god of Inazuma huh?"

"Indeed, she's the Archon of the nation. Just like how Rex Lapis is this nation's archon. Though... Not that long ago, he was declared dead."

"You serious?!"

"Indeed. Nobody knows how Rex Lapis died. An assassination attempt perhaps. Perhaps it has to do with the Fatui..." Kazuha pondered.

"I suspect they're the bad guys of this world."

"You can say that the Abyss is also our enemy."

"I don't even wanna know what that is. Any other gods that are nearby then?"

"Mondstadt, the nation of Freedom which the Anemo Archon, Barbatos reigns. Though nobody knows what happened to Barbatos, from what I've heard, it seems like Barbatos lets the city roam around freely and do as they please. It's called the nation of freedom after all."

"Sounds quite generous given that he's a god. From my experience... Gods are... Problematic or rule over humans. Barbatos sounds like someone who just lets them do whatever they want. Way different than the gods I know of from my world."

"Indeed. The Raiden Shogun is the Electro Archon, Rex Lapis is the Geo Archon. Each element has its own Archon. There's seven nations in this world and each has their own Archon."

"So far, Inazuma, Liyue, and Mondstadt are the places I know of."

"You'll know about the rest in time."

"Well, thanks for informing me a bit more about this world. I think I got a bit of a better understanding of this place."

"What will be your plans now then Mandricardo?" I felt his stare lay down upon me. I can only remain quiet for a bit, stoic as I think. What are my plans now?

"I'm not sure." I couldn't help but blink at the question that still wanders in my mind. "I told the captain earlier, but I'll probably stick around here for a bit. Try and learn more I guess. I mean... I'm not entirely sure what to do with my life as of now. I'll just stick around... Hope I'm not the only one who arrived in this place."

"Well, tonight, and for the next three days, we'll be celebrating you can say."

"Now? What sort of celebration is the captain having?"

"Each time we come back successful, us members of the Crux have a three-day feast celebration to be exact."

"Three days huh? Boy must you guys get stuffed after three days..."

"We manage."

These guys are something I tell you. I can't help but feel amused at them. Things so far have been going quite alright. I mostly have been hanging out on the ship. Deciding socialization was not my thing and decided to stay inside. Seriously...

"Chains around his neck, who is he?"

"He's kinda creepy."

"Those eyes of his look like a fish. How hideous."