Rainy Day

*Warning: Seizure (mentioned), death (mentioned)

*Patrick's PROV*
It's raining hard outside, the beating against the giant window was almost competing against the heart monitor. Joe, Justin, Dan, and Ricky were all asleep on the uncomfortable chairs. Some of us didn't visit as often as we wish we could, but recently everything just because more terrifying. I'm holding Spencer's hand because deep down, I want him to know that someone is waiting for him. When the doctor said that one more seizure could kill him, we were all devastated. We saw them get more violent as time went by, but we were hoping we'd have more time with Spencer. It's selfish I know.

"Pat." I heard Spencer say quietly.

"Pat." Spencer repeated but a bit louder.

"Spencer?" I saw his eyes flutter open a bit.

"Guys, he's awake." I announced.

"I'll go get a nurse." Joe exclaimed.

"Hi." Spencer smiled behind is oxygen mask.

A nurse came into the room and asked Spencer various standard questions and did a few tests. She quickly left to get a doctor.

"How long?" Spencer asked.

"Almost six months." Joe responded.

"Fuck, that... long?" Spencer sighed.

"Have they... found them?" Spencer questioned.

"Who?" We all asked.

"Josh, Awsten... Otto." Spencer was not making any sense.

"Spence, they're safe. Although they did visit you. Why would they be missing?" I pushed a little further.

"Man in the... mask." Spencer seemed to be getting drained from talking.

"They're safe, I can call them in the morning if you want." Justin offered.

"Okay." Spencer moved his arm a bit only to be stopped by a handcuff.

"What?" Spencer sounded annoyed.

"You we're having seizures and those stopped you from hurting yourself." Dan explained. Spencer only nodded.

"Did I die?" Spencer's question stunned us all.

"Y-yes." I said as the horrid memories flashed through my mind.

"How did-" Dan was cut off by the door opening and the doctor examining Spencer. He explained everything they did and explained the long term effects. Apparently Spencer will need physical therapy to regain his strength and various other kinds of therapy. The doctor also said how close Spencer came to dying. When the doctor left, another nurse came in to remove the handcuffs.

"I saw Nadia." Spencer confessed.

"How?" I asked, still too stunned to even think about it.

"She told me I was dying, I guess my brain created a whole other reality that I didn't know." Spencer sounded defeated.

"She showed me what was actually happening. I wanted to stay with her, to just give up. But she convinced me to stay, how twisted is that? To have to say goodbye twice." Spencer's voice cracked.

"I'm sorry." I subconsciously apologized.

"Why? It's not your fault. Although I did see you too, you were crying hysterically and I don't know why." Spencer looked straight at me.

"I was in the room with you, all alone. I saw you open your eyes, I assumed it was out of reflex since you've done it before in your coma... this time you started seizing violently and I was scared that your handcuffs were going to break your wrists. Then I heard the heart monitor flatline. You died and I was pushed out of your room. They said it was a miracle that you came back, you almost didn't." Patrick sobbed.

"Oh Pat." Spencer softly spoke.

"But you're fine, it's all that matters." I tried to lighten the mood.

"I actually did give up, the reality by brain created, it was so real. I uh, I kind of let myself die there only to wake up here." Spencer admitted.

"How did you know you wouldn't actually die?" I asked.

"I didn't." Spencer responded as he closed his eyes in pain.

"Should I get a nurse?" I questioned.

"No, just a headache. It's too bright." Spencer motioned for the overhead lamp. I got up and dimmed it for him.

"We're so glad that you're alive and talking. We were scared of brain damage in other complications." Joe spoke up.

"We talked to you and read you books to help encourage you to wake up. Then the doctor told us that there was a chance of complications so we took it upon ourselves to read about patients in comas and how they recovered when waking." Dan explained.

"We were so scared that you'd die, so we distracted ourselves from that possibility." Justin diverted his eyes from Spencer.

"Thank you for being here and for caring so much. I don't know what would've happened without you guys." Spencer began to cry.

"We'll never leave you." I sobbed as I hugged Spencer, soon I felt more arms wrap themselves around us. It took a while until Spencer fell asleep, the meds they gave him really drained him.

Months passed by and Spencer was walking again, well he has a cane because his balance is still off. He passed all the cognitive tests and is able to retain memory for a while, his memory isn't as good as it once was but it's better than the alternative. He's even able to sing again, I missed that the most. We were with him every step of the way and tried our best to be supportive when he needed help. The best part was when we were able to smile again without a care in the world. I truly love my band mates and would do anything for them because I know they'd do it for me. I thank every deity and gods that they are my family.