Thunder

Tony and Peter get into a fight but later on there's thunder. Peter hates thunder because of his heightened hearing and is forced to turn to his adoptive dad for comfort despite his anger.

—————————————————————————

It was 2 in the morning and Peter still wasn't back from his patrol. This had happened on many occasions and Tony tried talking to him about it, saying that he shouldn't be up that late and that it's bad for his health. Especially if he has school early in the morning, which means he needs much more energy. Tony didn't want Peter being miserable all day because he never gets enough sleep.

Peter finally swings in through the window and takes his mask off. He was about to sneak off to his room when he noticed Tony standing at the doorway.

"Oh...h-hey dad." Peter said nervously.

"Really? 'Hey'? You do know it's 2am right? Or is it? Maybe I'm going crazy." Tony said even though he knew for a fact that it was 2am.

"It's not even a big deal! I'm home now, aren't I? And besides, you can't say anything. You're awake." Peter says in his defense.

"Yeah, I'm awake because I was waiting for you to come home! Peter, this is getting ridiculous. I told you to stop doing this and you disobeyed me." Tony yelled and took a step closer to him. Pete looked at his feet.

"Hey, look at me when I'm talking to you." Tony continued. Peter was hesitant to look up but he finally did.

"I'm sorry Kid, but I'm taking away your suit until you learn how to listen." Tony says harshly.

"What? No! Please, I-I'm really sorry! It won't happen again!" Peter stuttered out and took a step back. Peter doesn't really get angry, it's not the type of person he is. He tends to get upset though, and this is one of those times.

"Yeah? That's what you said last time. Now go get changed and give me your suit. You can have it back when you're ready." Tony said. Peter looked back down at the ground again.

"Peter, now!" Tony shouted. Peter looked up and sighed before dragging his feet to his room and getting changed.

He got changed into a black shirt and black sweatpants while holding back tears. This is the second time he was getting his suit taken away that year, he kept on screwing up. But regardless, he was still very mad at Tony.

He walked back over to Tony and practically shoved the suit at him, not looking at him at all.

"Watch your attitude. Go to sleep." Was all that Tony said before walking off with Peter's suit. Once Tony was out of sight and hearing range, Peter punched the wall in anger, but made sure he didn't make a dent.

He finally made his way back to his room and slammed the door shut. He flopped down onto his bed and watched as his vision soon became blurry with tears, although he swallowed them down. This has happened before, so he knows he's gonna get his suit back...right?

About an hour passed, Peter was unable to get any sleep. He never really could recently. But just when he thought he was getting tired and took the opportunity to close his eyes, a loud rumbling sound was heard from outside.

Peter's eyes shot open right away, waiting to hear the sound again in case he was imagining it. And sure enough, another rumble sounded, but this time it was much louder. It was thundering, Peter was terrified of thunder. His enhanced hearing made it torture for him, he hated loud noises in general.