You're Nothing Like Him

Part 2 of 'You're Just Like Him'.

-------------------------

Peter was sitting in the med bay, staring at his lap. Doctor Cho was with him, checking him over.

Tony had been sitting in a chair in the corner of the room the whole time. He didn't want to get too close to Peter. Just in case...

"It looks like you're gonna be just fine, Peter. You have no life threatening injuries. Only a cracked rib that will heal itself by the morning. Are you in any pain at all?" Cho said to the boy in a soft voice. She didn't know what happened, but she could tell something was bothering him.

Yes, I am. But not in the way that you think.

"N-No, I'm fine. Thank you Doctor Cho." He said, finally looking up and catching a glance from Tony. His expression hurt Peter for some odd reason. He just looked so...distraught.

"Okay, so no pain meds are needed?" She confirmed.

"No, I swear, I'm fine." I'm not.

"That's great. Well, if there's any problems, you can call me. Okay?"

"Y-Yeah, okay."

Dr Cho smiled at Peter before she walked over to Tony. It looked like she was telling him the exact same thing she told Peter, so he lowered his head and stared at his lap again.

He heard her footsteps leave the room, but he still didn't look up. He didn't know how to handle this situation.

He heard Tony stand up and walk over to him, very slowly. Peter's heart started racing.

Tony finally reached him. He stood there for a few seconds before sighing.

"Kid, can you look at me, please?" He asked. Peter didn't. He just kept on staring at his lap, like his worn out sweatpants were the most interesting thing in the world.

Tony didn't bother asking him again. Instead, he crouched down in front of Peter to meet his gaze. He didn't say anything for a while, but he was glad that Peter didn't turn away from him.

"How's your head?" He asked him, the guilt sitting in his chest had spread through his entire body. It was eating him alive.

"Mm...'s fine." Peter mumbled and started drawing circles on his sweatpants with his finger. It was a nervous tick of his.

Tony bit his lower lip to stop himself from crying. His whole entire life, he didn't let himself become like Howard. He told himself that he wasn't. He had no idea that deep down, his father left a part of himself in Tony. It was genetics. And not even Tony could change that.

The door opened and Tony turned his head. Rhodey walked in, a worried look spread across his face. His expression only increased once he got a look at Tony.

He didn't realize, but his hands were shaking. He looked a mess.

"Dude, are you okay?" He asked him. He didn't know what happened. Of course he didn't. He actually wanted to comfort Peter before I dragged him away.

Hearing Rhodey's words made Peter snap his head up anxiously. He looked at Tony, and saw what Rhodey meant.

He looked like he was having a panic attack. He looked like he was about to pass out.

Peter didn't want that. As much as he felt betrayed, hurt...and just overall, shitty, about what Tony did to him, he still loved him. He still cared about him.

He carefully placed a hand over Tony's, which was rested on his knee, in hope that it would calm him down a little bit. Tony immediately took notice of the action and looked at Peter.