Jealousy

Morgan is beginning to grow jealous of Peter's relationship with her parents.

———————————————————————————

Peter loved Morgan. At first, it was strange. He came back to life and suddenly there was a 4 year old girl that called Pepper and Tony, 'mom' and 'dad'. He wondered if things would ever be the same again. Like they were before the Snap. Because surely Tony and Pepper would love Morgan much more than Peter. She was their biological daughter and he was just a kid that Tony recruited for a mission. He hoped that deep down, they still loved him. That things would be like they once were.

Peter was wrong. Things weren't the same. They were much better. The Snap brought them closer than they were, and Peter knew that it was the only good thing to come out of it.

He went round Tony and Pepper's house almost every day. Played games with them, ate food with them, talked with them. And he got used to Morgan. They even formed a sister/brother relationship that made Tony and Pepper over the moon.

And everything was pure and utter bliss.

That was until Morgan turned 6 and Peter turned 18.

Peter didn't know what was wrong with Morgan. They usually played together all the time. He even got the dolls out for her in hopes that they could play together, but she just played by herself. When it was just them in the house, it was usually okay. She was nicer and talked more to him, but Peter still felt more like a babysitter than a brother.

Then when Tony and Pepper came home, Morgan forgot about him. She even ignored him. And Peter was confused. This went on for weeks and he never figured out what the problem was, and Pepper and Tony didn't seem to notice anything.

Every time Tony asked Peter if he wanted to spend time in the lab, Morgan would get upset. She would beg and beg until Tony gave in and spent time with her instead.

And when Peter would climb through the window with a Spider-Man related injury, Tony would help patch him up. Every single time. That was until Morgan walked in.

"Daddy!" She exclaimed.

"Hey Maguna, shouldn't you be asleep?" Tony asked her, hiding all the blood and trying to cover Peter's injury so Morgan wouldn't be freaked out.

"I want you to read me a bedtime story!" She said, glancing at Peter before looking back at her dad.

"You know I usually would, sweetheart, but Peter needs me right now. Could you ask your mother?" Morgan's expression suddenly turned angry.

"No! It has to be you!" She shouted. Usually Tony would give in and put her to bed. But Peter was injured, and there was no way in hell he was gonna leave him like that.

"Morgan, I can't. Ask your mother." Tony repeated sternly. Morgan suddenly burst into tears and ran up the stairs. Tony sighed and continued to clean Peter's wound.

"You can go to her if you want. I don't mind. I can do this myself." Peter said, holding back a wince at the pain.

"I'm staying here, Pete. She can't always get her own way. You need me." Tony explained as he began to stitch Peter up.

Peter smiled to himself before sighing.

"She's your daughter."

"And you're my son." Tony retaliated. That made Peter's smile grow even bigger. He still remembers the first time Tony called him that. He would never forget it.

A few days later, it was movie night. They had just finished eating dinner and were sitting down on the couch. Peter was just about to sit next to Tony when Morgan half-shoved him out the way and got there first. Pepper let out a laugh at his defeated expression.