Chapter 3: Identity (I)

Narukami's POV

"I know but there's one thing. H-he discovered my identity," I conveyed the gravity of the situation as he replied with a 'how?'

"Well, Kiyoko accidentally called out my surname when she was gonna faint and... he found out."

"Oh. There's no way an ordinary would have figured out your identity under Amnesia's Obscure," he exclaimed. "And, Suzume-kun, please drive fast."

"A-Aye Sire," the brunette stuttered. He seemed too young and inexperienced for a pilot.

I glanced at the pink-eyed freak. He was dozing like an ox, leaning on Sora's arm as if it were a recliner. He was sitting diagonally across me. 'What a shameless fellow! But is he alright? He spitted out a lot of blood back then. Whatever, he's my father's lackey so I don't care. But I still hope he's gonna be alright.'

The train of hateful thoughts came to a halt when I felt a nudge at my shoulder. It was Kiyoko. She had started to lean on my shoulder, which made my heart skip a beat. 

"Can you explain what happened while I was away?"

"Well, as soon as you went, a large scorpion, about three times larger than Mr. Petty appeared at the terrace of Botan's house."

"Who's that?"

"My best friend."

"Huh? I thought we were your best friends." He pointed at himself and Kiyoko with a disheartened look.

"Yes, yes. You both definitely are, but he and Akira are my best friends at school."

"Haha, I was just kidding. I know you are the most popular boy in your school. Obviously, you would be friends with everyone in your high-school, right? Also, is he your friend?" He looked at the clingy idiot beside him who was hanging to his arm as if it were some kind of branch. "He kinda looks like the koala on your shirt."

"No, that idiot isn't my friend, nor do i wish to be friends with him. I am ready to be friends with the Devil but not him. He's so annoying and such a sour-mouthed fellow. I can't believe I was blessed by the bad luck to see him at places other than school."

The silence that followed after my rant was disturbing. Sora stared at me like he had seen a ghost or something for a while before letting out a tiny chuckle. "Hahaha, so he's that fellow that you told me about? I expected him to be some kind of gangster but I'm surprised to find out that he's so cute."

"Cute? What's cute about him? He looks like a leech now," I stormed. "Um, sorry. I lashed out."

"It's okay. I am just surprised to see such a not-so-Naru side of yours. You don't really express much anger unless it comes to your family. He really does influence a lot if he's able to bring out a different side of yours."

"Of course, he does. He was the one who antagonized my brother against me. He's my father's lackey. Not only that but also he humiliated me in public. He's always picking fights with me. He treats people like shit. He has ruined my love life. He's done so much that I just can't stop hating him."

I felt a tap on my shoulder as I saw Kiyoko laughing beside me with tears in her eyes. I felt relieved on seeing her awake. "You look so funny while complaining."

"What's so funny about this?" I asked her. "And you are alright, right?"

"I don't know. It's like you have become a completely different person. And, yes I am totally fine and healthy!" 

"Completely different person? What do you mean?"

"Let's talk about that later. Our station arrived," Kiyoko pointed towards the open door of the vehicle.