Chapter 4: Identity (II)

Unknown POV

Identity, it's something that defines a person. Without it, a person is incomplete. Without it, a person wouldn't be recognized. So, they try their hardest to create an identity for themselves. Sometimes, a person gets so indulged in creating their identity that they forget their real selves.

I was slowly losing myself too; pretending to be another person, someone who was the complete opposite of me was difficult but if I didn't do it, I would still lose myself due to the contract.

I hate this. I hate everything and everyone. I hate myself.

"Argh. Where am I?" The light coming from the gelatinous white walls of the room made my eyes flinch a bit. Even the slightest light was uncomfortable to me because of my origin. I covered my eyes with my bangs to reduce the blinding effect the light had on my eyes.

One of my eyes felt slightly smaller than the other. It must be because of that damned demon.

The events of yesterday flashed in my inner eye as my nails dug into the soft, fluffy bedsheet under me. It had become really difficult to control my body and it almost felt like my soul was floating in the air, and I had to take a special pill that could restore my possession abilities.

"I can't believe I had to deal with five brats in a single day. The demonic elitists and that annoying superhero-wannabe," I sighed. "Where am I?"

"You are at the hospital," a young boy with his mint-green hair twirled into a ponytail spoke as his sudden presence sent a chill down my spine. He was wearing male nurse clothes and had a black sticker in place of his badge.

You should've been a bit smarter while concealing stuff like that. It seems that he wanted to hide his name or probably the company he worked in, from me.

"Oh, and you are?"

"The nurse."

An idea took birth in the cradles of my brain as I took out the mouth freshener. It was my target and I had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fulfill my contract.

It was really compact and fitted inside the pocket just like a plug which fits perfectly into its socket.

"Why am I here?" I looked around the room trying to figure out the hospital's name.

"Because, you are a patient?"

"And would you let me go?"

"Sorry. But I was asked to look after you and not leave your side, by the head nurse."

"What if I leave on my own?" I sprayed the mouth freshener in my mouth while staring at the nurse, after which I tucked it back into my pocket.

"You can't. Until, Amnesia comes back."

"Can I go to the toilet?" I came up with an excuse to leave the room.

"Sorry, you can't. The nurse will be coming soon."

"But I can't hold it in anymore. I have not visited the toilet for an entire day. Oh, wait. What time is it?"

"It's five in the morning."

"Oh, can I go then?"

"I am sorry. You can't. This has nothing to do with the time."