Chapter 19: Gems and Gorillas

Steven:

I sat down on a chair in the Control Room, thinking back to Dr. RepliKane’s unfortunate demise.

Flashback:

“You’ll never stop me, D.T.C! The Jewel of Ion is mine!” Dr. RepliKane screamed with delight on the roof of the bank.

The D.T.C and I had gone inside only to find him crash through the glass dome as an escape route.

-Beep-beep-beep-

“Yes?” Johnny said. “Thank you. We’ll keep a look out.”

-Beep-

“There’s been a break out in Ion’s National Zoo.” Johnny informed.

“Oh, great. What” Max was interrupted by a loud…

“Agh! Agh!”

….gorilla cry.

We looked up to see a gorilla grab Dr. RepliKane and swing him around like a lasso.

“Argh! Unhand me, you lowly primate!” he screamed.

“If that’s what he wants, then so be it.” I said with a smirk. I shot the gorilla with my stun-grappler and Dr. RepliKane was sent flying.

We all hurried up to the roof just in time to hear a loud ‘SPLASH!’ The doctor had been thrown into the nearby lagoon.

“Wait. Dr. RepliKane can’t swim, right?” Lazlo asked.

“Nope. Well, I guess it’s better than death by gorilla.” Johnny said. “We’ll see him again.”

We’ve dealt with hundreds of Dr. RepliKane’s clones. He has hundreds prepared in case he dies while carrying out his plans. Of course, he always does. It’s either our doing or his clumsiness or some natural cause…like this one.

“Well, he dropped the jewel when the gorilla grabbed him. That’s one problem solved.” Danny pointed out.

“Come on. Let’s take this big guy back to the zoo.” Max said, nudging the gorilla with his foot.

-End of Flashback-

I closed my eyes. Ahhh. Peace and—

“AAAAAH!” Never mind.

Max came storming in, covered in… slime?

“Look at what Crystal left on the kitchen door! A bucket of pickle juice!” Max complained.

“You did say that you loved pickles, Max.” Danny said, phasing through the wall.

“Oh, come on! That was years ago!” Max retorted.

“Apparently, Crystal never forgot.” I mused.

Suddenly, a portal appeared and Crystal came through.

“Speak of the devil.” Max grumbled, crossing his arms.

“Hmm?” Crystal looked at Max in confusion then her eyes widened in realization. “Ah, Max. I see you’ve found the, er, gift I left you.”

“Yeah. But hey, guess what? There’s still some left.” Max held the bucket out, showing that an eighth of the bucket was still full. “You want some?”

Crystal’s eyes widened. “Don’t even think about it!”

“Too late!” Max threw the liquid at her.

Crystal gasped as it splashed her face. She glared at Max and passed her hand in front of her. The pickle juice came off, leaving no trace at all on her face, and formed a ball that floated in her hand. Then before you could say ‘Gear up!’ she thrust her hand towards Max. The ball obeyed her command and splashed Max’s already wet face.

“Pah! Ptooey!” Max spat on the floor. “Gah! Crystal…” he growled.

Crystal put her hands up. “Hey, before you go ‘Slash’ and kill me, or at least try to, I have information on one of the gems for the Omnistone.”

“You do?” Lazlo asked, coming in with Clam.

“Yup. Oh, and take this.” Crystal handed Lazlo a leather pouch the size of a child’s fist. “I took some of Sandy’s dream sand and reversed its properties. It can hopefully wake Raj up now. Although it may take a few minutes to work.”

A few minutes for what to work?” Hailow asked, coming in with Johnny.

“Sandy’s reversed dream sand.” Crystal replied. “Good, you’re here. I think I’ve found the amethyst.”

“The amethyst? Cool!” Johnny said, taking a seat. “Let’s hear it.”

“Okay, but first, Max? Go take a shower. You reek of pickles.” Crystal said.

“And whose fault was that?” Max grumbled shuffling outside, most probably to the bathroom.

~

Five minutes later, Crystal created a holographic screen in front of us. Max was grumbling beside me. Crystal had sprayed him with orange blossom perfume, complaining that he still stank.

“You see, today was the death anniversary of Elsa and Anna’s parents. I met the queen of Corona near their graves. She mentioned that a certain gem of value was their supposed wedding gift to Rapunzel and Eugene, but it sank with them.” Crystal explained.

“So that means…” Danny trailed off.

Crystal nodded. “How do you feel about swimming?”

“I think I’ll sit that one out.” A new voice said.

We all turned towards the door. “Raj!”

A/N: Okay, this is a bit of a filler chapter. In the next one, we'll find out what exactly caused the storm that resulted in the death of the King and Queen of Arendelle.

My brother owns Dr. RepliKane.... and his clones.