[D.O & Xiumin] Punch (part 2)

So here's part two!

sleeplessfangirl already started making this into a full story. Check it out in her profile! It's entitled "Punch." ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So many thoughts were flooding my head that I thought I was going to pass out. I couldn't concentrate on anything, other than that memory of D.O may or may not implying that he likes me. But how can I be so sure? He's my arch nemesis and he's probably just messing with me.

But his actions seemed so real...

I furiously shook my head. No, Hee Hee. Keep your mind straight. For so long, you've managed to be the calm and composed one. Don't you dare fail now. I'll probably need to count sheeps later before I sleep just so I won't stay up all night just thinking about that one silly thing. Dammit. That Do Kyungsoo really knows how to disturb me in every way possible.

Sighing, I just looked at the surroundings as I walked out of the campus after classes. Xiumin did say that he'll pick me up, so I guess I'll have to wait for him. I went to lean on a tree just outside the school gates but then, I heard arguing male voices. Curious, I carefully followed where it was coming from. It turned out to be from that same alley D.O dragged me to yesterday, but much to my horror, the arguing men were actually Xiumin and D.O. I was about to stop them, but what Xiumin said stopped me.

"I don't know who the hell you are, but I'm sure she wouldn't go with a guy like you."

It was so strange... It was the first time I heard Xiumin speak like that.

"You know nothing about me." D.O said in a dangerous hiss, and their stares looked like they were already killing each other in their heads.

"Yeah. Exactly why I wouldn't trust you with Hee Hee."

"You have no right to keep her away from me."

"Just give it up, bro." Xiumin laughed. "I've known her since forever. Do you really think you still have a chance with her?"

"I know I chose the wrong way of showing her how I feel. I know I made her life miserable because I thought I could stop having this silly crush on her if I see that she hates me. But I only made a hell for myself. I fucking fell in love with her. And now that you came prancing back into her life to steal her from me, no, I wont fucking give up."

"You're not the only one here who loves her. And I'm sure as hell I didn't come home all the way from China just to fail making her fall in love with me. I guess we're on a competition, then."

I accidentally let out a small hiccup, not realizing that I was holding my breath. Heck, I didn't even know I was crying. Dammit Hee Hee. You are such a little weakling.

"Hee Hee?" I gasped when someone touched my shoulder. I was too confused to remember who it was. "Hee Hee, let me explain..."

He tried to hold me, but I panicked and stumbled backwards. My stupid tears were flowing so fast that I could see a single fucking thing.

"Hee Hee!" He caught me by the waist when I stumbled over my own feet. But instead of thanking him, I punched him across the face in panic.

I fucking punched him. In the face. In a panic.

How much of a moron could I be?

"Stay away." I wheezed out as I stumbled to run away. I couldn't even remember if I walked or ran or rode a taxi. The only thing I remember was that I was lying on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, watching that little ant crawling back and forth, not knowing where to go. Funny. That's exactly how I was feeling. I felt so fucking lost.

My phone beeped, but I ignored it. I was too tired to move.

All those things D.O said... were they true? Did he really just annoy me everyday because he was in his own romance dillema too?

I hate him. I know I do. But after knowing that he likes me, I'm starting to doubt my own feelings as well. Now that I look at it, he never seriously hurt me at all. The frequent arm tugs, the pinning on walls stuff... that was as far as he went physically. It was the verbal stuff I disliked.

As for Xiumin, I like him. I've liked him ever since childhood, even before he left for China. I can still see he's the same caring and protective Xiumin, but I can't deny the fact that I don't know a lot of things already. Like the way he spoke earlier... He didn't sound like the Xiumin I knew.

My phone beeped once again, making me groan. Dammit. I'm having a mental debate here if you don't mind?!!

Rolling my eyes, I reached across the bed and looked at the screen. Two messages. And 18 missed calls. I checked the messages first.

- Xiumin-baozi

Hee Hee, I want to talk to you. Please, I want to know if you're okay. I want to explain. I'm worried about you. I'll wait for you at the playground at 6. I hope to meet you there.

I clicked the second one. It was from unknown number, but I was quite sure who it was.

- Unknown Contact

Hee Hee. I know you know who I am. I know you hate me. But I want to explain to you. However you like. I'll bash my head against a wall if you like. I just want us to talk. Please Hee Hee, meet me at the school gates by 6. Please, just this once. I'll be waiting.

I set down the phone with shaking hands. I don't know what to do. I don't know what I should do. They're making me decide when I'm this dishreveled and not sure if I'm even still mentally able or not. I can just let them wait for nothing. I can stay here and think about it as long as I want. But my conscience couldn't let that. I'm not that cold hearted to let both of them wait outside in coldness, hoping that I'll come to them. But since I couldn't meet them both at once, I guess I'll have to choose. I want to. Just so I can finally have a clear view of what I have to do next.

But which one should I choose? The one that I liked for years but disappeared for half of my life? Or the one that I have grown to hate but secretly liked me all those time?

Taking in a deep breath, I grabbed my bag and headed out of the house. I tried to take calm breaths as I walked, but the long walk felt like I was heading towards something with no point of return.

As soon as I reached the place, I saw him standing there, pacing around nervously. My heart was beating frantically around my chest that I started to wonder if I was going to have a heart attack soon. Never the less, I let my shoe crunch the asphalt as I stepped forward, making my presence known. His head shot up, and his eyes started sparkling. He pulled me in a tight hug.

"Oh my God. Thank you." He didn't let go. He just laid his head on my shoulder, breathing erratically as his chest frantically bounced around too. His hug felt like he would never let go. Like he didn't want to. And strangely, I didn't, too.

It was a different feeling, but I wasn't scared. It felt like I completely belonged there in his arms.

I let out a small relieved sigh, knowing that I did the right choice. As soon as I lifted my arms to hug back, he let out a soft laugh.

"The punch hurt like hell, though."

Embarrassment hit me in the face hard. So he was the one I punched.

"But that's okay. At least I know you like me back."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[A/N]: Who do you think she chose? Or rather, who did you choose?