Revelations For Dawn

The next day Dawn snuck out of the castle and put a cloak on. She heard the knights training again, but she didn't pay much attention to them.

Paul, unfortunately, saw the hooded figure leave the palace. At least he didn't go after her.

Dawn continued on until she arrived at Chloe's house. She did their secret knock. Chloe opened the door and ushered Dawn inside. They went to the back of the house and Chloe punched in a code to a remote control, opening up a door behind the TV.

The girls went through the door. Chloe closed it behind them. "Come on then, let's get started," Dawn said, grabbing one of the swords on the side. Chloe nodded. She went over and picked up one of the other swords.

They battled for about 3 hours before they heard Dawn's stomach growl. Chloe blinked, then laughed. Dawn blushed. "What? I didn't have breakfast this morning," she grumbled. "I bet you didn't," Chloe said, still laughing. "Come on, let's go get something to eat." Chloe and Dawn left the hidden room and went into the kitchen.

They ate their cereal in silence. Yamp! Yamp! Chloe's eyes widened as Dawn looked in the direction of the strange noise. "What was that?"

"Uh, probably just one of my dad's experiments! You know how he is with lab work," Chloe said, laughing nervously.

Dawn didn't believe her. A yellow dog thing came running into the kitchen. Chloe gasped. "Yamper! What are you doing out here? Where's Dad?" Yamp, yamp! Chloe groaned.

Dawn looked at Chloe confusingly. Chloe's Dad came running into the kitchen, panting. "Forgot *pant* to turn the *pant* electricity proof *pant* part of the cage *pant*." Chloe face-palmed. "Chloe, what's going on?"

"Oh hey Dawn."

"Hey professor," Dawn said. She turned to look at the yellow creature. "What is that?" She asked again. Chloe sighed. She picked the thing up. "Dawn, this is Yamper. Yamper, this is Dawn." Yamp, yamp! "His name is Yamper?" Dawn questioned. Chloe shrugged. "Technically, he doesn't have a name. But his species is Yamper."

"What do you mean by 'species'?"

Chloe bit her lip. She looked at her Dad, who nodded. Chloe took a deep breath and spoke in a serious tone.

"Yamper is something called a 'Pokemon'. I found him when I was looking for berries at the edge of the forest. I knew he was a pokemon immediately, we talked about them in class, so I had done research on them. I found a lot of stuff. So, when I found Yamper, I knew it was a Pokemon. When I was researching, I also learned no one here in this town knew about them: they were banned and driven away, out of the kingdom. I snuck Yamper into the town. Knowing that there would be severe consequences if I was caught.

I got him into the house, but Dad caught me. He was super surprised that I found one. He ran some tests on Yamper and found his name, type, and evolution.

Dad suggested I stay home from school to take care of him. While taking care of him, I found some...other information."

"Apparently Pokemon have been banned in many other towns beside here, in Twinleaf Town," Professor Cerise explained, "many you haven't heard of: Vaniville, Petalburg, LaRousse, Opelucid, Pewter, Striaton, Konikoni, Paniola, and Hau'oli. Each of those places have at least one person in a secret organization of some sort. Their job is to protect Pokemon and try to convince people that they shouldn't be banned anymore. The last part hasn't really taken place yet, considering all of the members, except Chloe, are Princes and Princesses."

Dawn raised her eyebrows.

"You may recognize some of them," Chloe said. "Go on," said Dawn.

"Well, there's Princess Serena of Vaniville, Princess May of Petalburg, Prince Drew of LaRousse, Princess Iris of Opelucid, Prince Brock of Pewter, Prince Cilan of Striaton, Princess Lillie of Hau'oli, Princess Mallow of Konikoni, and Prince Kiawe of Paniola. Chloe is the only non-royal member. No one knows about this organization or that ANY of us know about Pokemon, let alone that we're friends with them," Chloe explained.

Dawn was quiet. "Why didn't you ever tell me about this?"

"I wasn't sure how you'd react. Ya know, sometimes what you do can be unpredictable." Chloe gave a nervous chuckle. Dawn sighed. "I guess you're right...How do I join this secret organization thingy?" Chloe beamed.

"I had a feeling you'd say that! So I prepared something! In case anyone wanted to join. Follow me!" Chloe led the way to Professor Cerise's lab, with Yamper wagging his tail excitedly in her arms.

"Dad and I have been studying more and more Pokemon. It's amazing how many there are! Come on! We have a field full of em!" Professor Cerise looked at Dawn with a funny sort of smile. "Chloe gets so excited about Pokemon. She's so happy that you know now." Dawn smiled. "I never knew she could be so passionate about something. I mean, she likes sword fighting, but it doesn't seem like it's her heart and soul, unlike me."

Professor Cerise chuckled. "Just wait until you see her with the Pokemon."

"It's right over here!" Chloe called. "Where are we going, exactly?" Dawn questioned. "You'll see," Chloe said with a wink. They walked into Professor Cerise's lab. Dawn had never been in the lab, but it was amazing. There was a big holographic screen at the front of the room that Chloe went behind. She pressed a button and a door opened.

What Chloe led Dawn into was something she never would've imagined seeing! "Here we are!" Chloe announced. "Welcome to our Pokemon Sanctuary!"

It was beautiful! There were Pokemon EVERYWHERE! Dawn saw Pokemon that looked like horses, squirrels, birds, cats, and dogs. And they were all so cute! Chloe smiled when she saw Dawn's expression.

"Go on, pick one!" Dawn spun around. "You mean, I get to keep on...?" Chloe nodded. "But make sure you choose wisely."

Dawn walked over to a group of pink balloon looking things. "Those are Jigglypuff, the balloon Pokemon. Make sure you're not around when they sing. They'll put you to sleep." Dawn laughed. She moved onto another group. She learned many Pokemon species' names, like Buizel, Glameow, Starly, Bidoof, and Meditite. Yet, none of them stood out to her.

Something caught her eye. She whirled around and saw it: a blue penguin. "That's called a Piplup." Dawn walked over to it. Piplup watched her. Piplup, pip! Dawn kneeled down in front of the Piplup. They watched each other for a moment. Piplup! Chloe clapped her hands.

"Looks like Piplup has chosen you!"

"What? Piplup...chose me?" Chloe nodded. She came over and handed Dawn something. "It's a pokeball. You catch Pokemon in them. Now that Piplup is technically yours, just tap him with the pokeball, and it'll be official!" Piplup! "Okay, here goes nothin'." Dawn tapped Piplup with the pokeball. In one ding, Dawn had caught him. "I caught it! I think."

"Yup! You caught your very first Pokemon." Dawn beamed. "Wait, I can't take him back with me. Can I leave him here? If I get caught...who knows what?" Professor Cerise nodded. "Yes, of course you can."

There was a loud knock at the door. "Open up! We know Princess Dawn is in there!" Dawn groaned. "Ugh. I guess I have to go. Bye guys!" Dawn handed Chloe Piplup's pokeball.

Dawn opened up the door. "Hey guys!" She chuckled nervously. One of the men there was Paul. He narrowed his eyes on her. "Princess, the King and Queen request your presence, and you've been gone for almost half the day." Dawn rolled her eyes. "Fine. I'm comin' I'm comin'." Dawn went in front of all of the guards and Paul.

Paul knew Dawn was the girl he had seen running out of the palace grounds with the cloak on.

As soon as Dawn was in the palace grounds, she sprinted, not stopping until she got to her room. She threw on her Lunar Dress and went down the staircase.

 She threw on her Lunar Dress and went down the staircase