[ CHAPTER 002 ]

NO ONE P.O.V

Jungkook flips through his client file on the table as his eyes read the details in it before turning to the next page. He had been sitting in his office since the morning sometimes his employee would come to his room to ask for his approval.

A soft sigh left him as he lean back on his chair and stretch himself a little bit. He rubs the back of his neck before grabbing his phone to check the time. 6:34 p.m. Soon a message from Lisa appears on his screen.

My Love ❤️
I've picked Hana up. Come home early, I'm making Korean stew.

A small smile appears on his lips upon reading the message. He replies with an 'okay, dear.' before standing up and shutting his computer. He grabs his stuff but he stops his action when someone knocks on his door.

"Come in." He say and saw one of his employees enter his office "Yes, Soobin?" Soobin, one of the interns bow and approaches Jungkook as he pulls out a letter. "Mr.Jeon, this is for you." Jungkook raise his left eyebrow when he heard that.

He approaches the male and the letter exchange hand "from who?" Jungkook asked but Soobin shrugged. "I don't know, it was suddenly on the reception counter. I didn't see anyone putting it there but your name was there so I decided to bring it to you."

Jungkook nodded upon hearing the explanation "I see. Thank you, Soobin." Soobin bow "I'll take my leave, Mr.Jeon. See you tomorrow." The male says with a smile as Jungkook nod and return the gesture "drive safely."

With that, Soobin leaves him alone in the room. Jungkook turns back towards the letter in his palm. It's true, the letter was plain, there's just 'JEON JUNGKOOK' that was written on it.

Not wasting any time, Jungkook opened the letter and flip it open but to his surprise, there are only three words on it.

Come sei stato, Jungkook? (How have you been, Jungkook?)

It's Italian and unexpectedly, Jungkook understands the sentence. A frown appeared on his face, since when did he understand Italian? Did he understand Italian before he lost his memory? This is new but Jungkook didn't have the time to think that.

He soon pulls out two pictures from the letter, Jungkook gulps the lump in his throat as he brings up his palm and covers his lips in shock. He throws the picture away and it lend on his table.

It's a picture of a dead man. It was brutal as if he was tortured to death. Jungkook clenches his fist. Who dares to send this to him? He's a lawyer! Jungkook bit his bottom lips as he grab the picture.

He scrambles it together and throws it in the dustbin as he leaves his office angrily. He has no time for this kind of bullshit. He wants to go home! Angrily, he walks out of his office and shuts the door harshly.

As soon as Jungkook leaves, a figure suddenly appears out of nowhere as he approaches the dustbin. He glance at it and bend down to grab the letter and picture that Jungkook had thrown away.

He opened crumpled letters and pictures. As soon as he read it he widens his eyes, it's Jungkook's old picture. The picture of his victim that he had tortured to death. The Jungkook when he is the Wang's Consigliere.

He clench his fist, his heart start to got crowded with worry. He glance towards the door where Jungkook had disappeared. He curses under his breath.

"Jungkook is in danger."

•••••

Lisa glanced at Hana from the kitchen. The little girl is sitting at the dining table. Her cute legs swung around as she focused on her homework. Seeing the little girl concentrating, Lisa smiled and decide not to disturb her.

As she was about to return back to the kitchen, the front door opened and Jungkook's figure appear as he say "I'm home!" Hana lifts her head up instantly, her eyes are sparkly as she jumps off from the dining table.

She runs to where Jungkook is. Jungkook, who had just entered the house smiled upon seeing the little girl. All of his worry and tiredness vanish when the little girl jump in his embrace.

"Daddy, you know, we draw about our ambition today!" The little girl says excitedly, excited to share what happened at the kindergarten. "Really, what did you wanna be, my princess?" He asked

"I want to be what daddy is! A rawryer! I wanna help people, like daddy!" Jungkook laughed upon hearing that "it's lawyer, dear. Of course, you can be one too, because you're my amazing little princess!"

Jungkook lift her up and kissed her cheek lovingly as Hana giggled. Jungkook walk towards Lisa who couldn't stop smiling as she watch their interaction. Seeing Jungkook approaching her, she smiled at him.

"How's your day?" She asked "Amazing? How about you?" He asked back as he peck her forehead "as usual." She replied, jungkook nodded and peak at the kitchen "have you started cooking?"

Lisa shakes her head "I'm washing the vegetable." She says Jungkook puts Hana down "go and continue your homework, daddy will help you later, daddy want to help mommy."

The little girl nods obediently and runs back to the dining room. "Let me help you cook." Jungkook says as he places his arm over her shoulder "aren't you tired?" She asked as she just follows his steps but Jungkook just chuckles "you worked too right?"

He says and shrugs "Besides, it's not wrong for a husband to help his wife you know?" He says as he pinches her nose, Lisa's cheek flushes red at his action. With that, the husband and wife cook together.

Jungkook helped Lisa cut some vegetables while Lisa are cleaning the chicken. While cooking, they were surrounded with comfortable silence and it lead Jungkook to start thinking about the letter that he receive today.

Who would send it to him? Most importantly why? Is it someone from his past? If that is so who is he before he lost his memory? When he woke up from the coma he never questioned his past.

Lisa told him that he is a lawyer, he believed her and never question it. He never even try to remember as if something is telling him to not look back. To never look back.

But after what happened today Jungkook felt worried. He worried for his family. What if it got out of hand? Jungkook will go crazy if something happened to his wife and daughter.

Jungkook was so immersed in his own world that he don't realize that Lisa was approaching him. Lisa hugged him from behind, pulling him out of his thought instantly.

"You seem bothered." Lisa said as she could see her husband troubled face "is it about the client?" She asks because if that's the reason she can ask her men to handle it. Jungkook shakes his head and smiles. Still not looking at her as he continued cutting the vegetables.

Seeing that her husband isn't answering her question. Lisa thinks Jungkook isn't ready to tell her. Not wanting to pressure him, she lay her head on his back, trying to give him comfort although she don't know what was wrong.

She could just ask Jimin to find out later.

"Lisa." Lisa lift her head up when Jungkook calls out for her. The male is still cutting the vegetables as Lisa look at him, waiting for him to continue. After a brief, a moment of silence, Jungkook finally speak up.

"What kind of person am I before?"

•••••

I lowkey felt sorry for their daughter.

Please comment, vote, and enjoy!