[II] Take Flight

————————————————————————
漁師の呪い

"The deep sea can be fathomed, but who knows the hearts of men?"
                                               -Indonesian Proverbs
————————————————————————
As the sea drags me deeper and deeper, I am only entertained with the thoughts of myself. Leaving my body to implode with the water that escapes to my lungs.
————————————————————————
.
.

"Everybody ready?" The three students nod their heads in unison as they each carry their own luggage. The day of the mission was upon them, yet no one was nervous. The mission report was said to be unclassified, but since there weren't many people in the vicinity of Coral Gally, they figured there wasn't a need to worry about damage being done.

As they made their way outside to the front torii gates of the Metropolitan Technical school, a single black car was waiting for them along with a man who wore a simple suit. "Ijichi-san, you came to cheer us on, didn't you?" Gojo waved unapologetically to the shrimpy guy and didn't seem to care about what he had to say.

Ijichi only shrugged with a sigh knowing Gojo's behavior by now and made his way to the trunk of the car. He took their bags and secured them in place with a firm slam of the trunk. They all filled in one at a time. Ijichi got in at the driver's seat and adjusted the car's mirror while he placed the keys into the car's ignition.

Not a word was said as he stepped on the gas pedal with his foot. The ride to the airport ensued with the roaring of the engine being the only thing they heard. As they passed other cars and drove by familiar buildings, they were finally out of the big city and were now headed towards the suburbs. Trees, pastures, land, and small houses were what they saw for miles. In a way it was almost relaxing to get away from the city for a while.

After a forty-five minute drive, they unpacked everything out of the car and readied themselves to board the flight to Okinawa. Ijichi stood at the gates of the terminal with his hands clasped in front of his body. "I wish you three luck on this mission." "Aww, won't you miss me too Ijichi?" Gojo spoke sarcastically whilst putting up two fingers for a peace sign.

Ijichi's eyebrows furrowed with imposing annoyance as the four went through the terminal gates to board their flight. Some slept, some read, others looked out of the small windows. Tiny towns and cities with cars that resembled ants could be seen from far above the ground. The engine of the plane blared as people's eardrums popped, but the deafening sound of the plane was all they could hear.

Their smooth flight lasted for three hours with slight turbulence. When the sputtering of the engine came to a halt, and the voice of the captain sounded over the intercom, they knew that they had just arrived. Nobara was more than excited to view Okinawa as she readied a tourist's map in her hands.

Itadori looked over her shoulder at the map with her. They were both excited to be exploring a place outside of Tokyo. Gojo and Megumi watched from a short distance as they gushed over the different tourist attractions and restaurants in the area.

"Although sightseeing is fun and all, don't forget why we came here in the first place-" Gojo tried to sound like a responsible teacher for once, but it's not like the other two were paying much attention. They were too focused on the different merchandises in the vicinity.

The streets were flooded with happy salesmen who conned people into buying what they didn't need, tourists who were too gullible to care, and children who begged their parents to buy them everything. A raging crowd of people that helped their economy grow. It was the central point of Okinawa. Itadori and Kugisaki were lost in their own world, but Fushiguro and Gojo picked up the slack with dragging them along by the back of their shirts.

They walked through the horde of crammed people rubbing each other's shoulders trying to  push passed one another as Gojo took a turn into a shady alleyway. In all honesty, it couldn't even be called an alleyway. The path was so narrow that the walls of the buildings were touching them until they were met with the other side.

It was a small campsite. Lanterns, a tent, and non-perishable goods were littered throughout the small area. Brick walls were keeping the spot hidden from the outside. It was like stepping into a completely different dimension.

"So, ye must be the new unfortunate batch o' souls bein' sent off to that treacherous beach."