Chapter 4 • Embarrassing

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
My eyes widened as my heart dropped.

Y/N:
"You what?!" I yelled then he bursted out laughing as his eyes widened.

NICK:
"I'm kidding, Y/N."

I hit him lightly in the chest.

Y/N:
"You're—ugh." I rolled my eyes, "That wasn't funny. You scared the crap out of me."

NICK:
"Do you care about my education that much?" He laughed.

Y/N:
"Of course I do. Your education determines your future and I want you to have a good future."

He smiled widely at me.

NICK:
"Wow."

Y/N:
"Now I'm going soft, ew. See what you did?" I laughed.

NICK:
"I brought out the soft side of you. I consider that mission accomplished." He grinned.

Y/N:
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, "Did you actually get detention?"

NICK:
"Yeah. I punched a kid."

My eyes widened.

Y/N:
"Is this a joke?"

NICK:
"Nope."

Y/N:
"Who'd you punch??"

NICK:
"Come find out." He grinned and took me by the hand to the table.

Once we arrived, we saw Clay and Niki laughing while George's head was turned towards them.

NICK:
"Show her." He looked at George with a grin.

George turned around to reveal his black eye. My jaw dropped as my eyes widened. I immediately held his cheeks.

Y/N:
"What the f—" I stopped myself from cursing as I sighed, "Who did this??" I raised my voice.

George giggled while looking into my eyes, "This is the way we both got detention."

I shut my eyes with a sigh then let go of George's face to cross my arms, glaring at Nick. He nervously laughed while holding his hands up.

NICK:
"It wasn't my idea."

CLAY:
"It was mine." He grinned.

I turned around, scoffing.

Y/N:
"This is why I need girl friends. Thank you Niki for coming here to distract me from the idiotic boyness." I joked which made her laugh.

Clay rolled his eyes with a smile then took a sip of his water while looking at me.

The 5 of us ate lunch together. We got to know more about Niki as she got to know more about us which was fun.

The rest of the day went by in the blink of an eye. The final bell rung. It was time for detention.

I walked from my last class to the detention room for the day. On the way, I ran into Clay.

CLAY:
"Hey stranger."

Y/N:
"Hey. Still can't believe we got detention on the first day of our senior year." I laughed.

CLAY:
"To be fair, this makes the first day more memorable."

Y/N:
"I guess you're right. So, what do y'all wanna do after this?"

CLAY:
"Actually there's a party going on tonight I heard."

Y/N:
"Pfft—a party?? On the first day back at school?"

CLAY:
"Yep."

Y/N:
"Let me guess, it's at Zak's house?"