Chapter 78 • Alive

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
The next day passed by like a breeze. I went with Nick to meet his new family. He was extremely nervous but I held his hand every step of the way which made him feel calmer.

His step-dad was extremely nice along with his half-siblings. He had an older brother and a younger sister. His mom was right, he fit right in.

Nick couldn't contain his joy. He shed a few tears throughout the day and so did I, finally knowing he received the family he's always wanted.

And at the end of the night, Nick and I spent the night together in his new bedroom. It was bigger than the last one and his parents offered to buy him whatever he wanted to make his room feel like home. They also told him that they'd give him $25 a week for chores which was huge for Nick since he lost his job.

Nick and I were overwhelmed with excitement. The two of us were so happy with how things turned out for the better for him.

Y/N:
"Ouu this one's cool!" I pointed to the red beanbag on the shopping website.

Nick gripped his laptop and clicked on the link.

NICK:
"Damn it's pretty cheap too. I'm gonna get it." He smiled cutely while adding the item to his virtual cart.

After a few moments, he paused and looked at me.

NICK:
"Todays been the best day of my life...and it's all because of you..." He sadly smiled.

Y/N:
"Well...just goes to show that fear is the only thing that can stop you from having everything you've ever dreamt of." I smiled back.

Nick's eyes fell to my lips as his cheeks became redder.

NICK:
"Not everything..." He spoke quietly.

My gaze fell to his lips as the two of us leaned in closer subconsciously. Our lips almost touched but he pulled away before we could kiss. He shut his eyes with a sigh then closed his laptop.

Nick stood up and walked to his desk to place his laptop down.

NICK:
"You need to tell Clay and George how you feel Y/N..." He mumbled, "I don't wanna do anything behind their backs..."

I nodded slowly. A sudden burst of confidence took over me.

Y/N:
"What if I told them tomorrow?" I stood up.

Nick turned around as his eyes widened a little.

NICK:
"You will?"

I nodded again.

NICK:
"Okay...how're you gonna do it...?"

Y/N:
"I'll figure that out later but..." I stepped closer to my crush, "Nick I want to do this...I know you do too..."

I cupped his cheeks, making his heat up under my palms as his eyes widened.

Y/N:
"What would be the perfect end to this day than kissing your crush since the 1st grade...?" I sadly smiled at him.

Nick stared hard at my lips, contemplating on what to do.

After a few moments of silence, I began to hear a tapping at his windows. I slowly turned around to see it begin a light rain.

I immediately grinned then let go of his cheeks to grab his hand. I ran downstairs with him, making him very confused.

When I opened the front door, it started to rain more. I smirked at Nick, waiting for him to catch on. Once he did, he sighed with a smile. He took my hand and the two of us ran outside, getting soaked in the rain.