Chapter 2

Harry Potter

A man stepped out onto the step and said.

Stan: Welcome to the Knight bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard, my name is Stan Shunpike and I'll be your conductor for the evening. Can I help with your luggage?

I looked between Orion and the man and asked.

Harry: Are dogs allowed?

Stan shrugged and said.

Stan: I don't see why not, as long he doesn't attack anyone or bother the other passengers.

I felt relief and then asked.

Harry: Thank you, um, do you take galleons or whatnot?

Stan shook head and said. 

Stan: Emergency transport. Not every witch or wizard has their gold pouch on them, but the standard fee is usually only sickles.

He hefted my trunk and Hedwig's now empty cage and placed them in the luggage compartment before leading me onto the bus, Orion fallowing behind us. Once I was sitting Orion by my feet, I asked.

Harry: Do muggles not see this?

Stan shook his head.

Stan: Muggles don't see nothing, do they?

Not knowing what to say to that, I fell silent, reaching down to pet Orion. Stan cleared his throat and asked.

Stan: Where you headed? Where are your parents?

I shrugged.

Harry: Dead, died in the war against You-Know-Who. My only family just kicked me out. Is there a wizarding hotel of some sort? I'm muggle-raised.

He nodded and said.

Stan: There's the Leaky Cauldron, of course, but there are also several higher classed hotels that are better for staying in. I'd suggest The Black cat in Diagon Alley, but if you don't have much galleons, I would try the Leaky Cauldron first.

He leaned forward and spoke more softly.

Stan: I'd also suggest getting an inheritance test done and see if you have an account manager at Gringotts and claim any lordship or heirship's that should have gotten at the age of eleven.

He then turned and knocked on a glass separating the driver and said loudly.

Stan: The leaky Cauldron, Ernie!!!

The Double decker moved and Stan said.

Stan: Hold on to something to keep you balanced or you'll slide around!

I grabbed onto the bar by the window and I pretended not to worry as Orion gripped my pant-leg as he began to slide around. I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around Orion, pulling him into my arms, it was a little difficult since he was a huge dog despite his starvation, but eventually I managed to hold him carefully with on arm and grab the bar tightly with my other. I didn't want him to get hurt, but I also didn't want his very large, very sharp teeth biting accidentally into my ankle. I lost count of how many turns we did or how many times we squeezed, quite literally through a couple cars or even other double decker buses, before the bus came to screeching halt and Stan said.

Stan: Leaky Cauldron, lad. Remember, I  would stop at Gringotts. Ask Tom for directions around, he doesn't get upset about people going to other inns.

I nodded, carefully setting Orion down and grabbing my trunk and Hedwig's cage. Stan held up a hand and pulled out his wand, winking slightly as he cast a reducio on Hedwig's cage, allowing me to place it in my trunk before he did the same to my trunk. As he saw me off the bus he said.