II

I saw Jimin running up to me when I was about to walk in through the school gates. He was running maintaining an eye contact with me from the direction opposite to mine. He caught up to me and after panting a bit looked up at me and smirked.

At first I gave him a confused look but then i understood. Before I could react to it he ran faster than he ever had. "Loser!" And soon he was out of sight. I shook my head and walked to the classroom. Why was I even bothered about the boy. He was nobody to me. He even used to be my enemy once. But now times have changed so have we. We still aren't anything to each other though.

What was the use of competing. We've spent so many years doing the same thing that now when we're about to leave this school it would feel strange to not have him annoying me, bickering with me, getting on my nerves, stealing my stuff to irritate me and what not. I would feel seriously empty, can't say about him. He'd probably find a new prey to bother.

Throughout the day I was quiet. Even during the lunch i didn't feel like communicating in any sense. By the end of the day a bigger realisation had hit me. I was about to loose the most comforting and fun period of my life. My usual would change to something busy and stressing. I was about to step into a new phase of life where not just me and my friends mattered. I had to keep a note of my behaviour, my habits, my everything.

This frustrating thought had been too harsh on me throughout the day. I felt almost scared of the reality, of life. While walking back home I felt somebody tugging on my bag. I turned around to see the one and only, mr. eyesmile cheerfully showing me his teeth.

"What do you want Park?" I said in a bored tone. I wasn't exactly in the mood to play around with him.

"How about, your time princess?"

"You! Come here you!"

Jimin ran ahead giggling and I chased him from behind. Running on the footpath of an empty street we both realised that we had reached a far off distance. Jimin stopped to look back and saw Taehyung giving the same nervous look he held. "Hey Kim, i think we've come too far. We should probably return from here"

"Hey Park" i said cheerfully and he raised his eyebrows still not catching my tone. "Look behind". He turned around to see a beautiful lake a few meters ahead of us with the complete view of the sun setting. He looked back at me and nodded smilingly. We both walked to the corner of the lake and placed our bags near a tree.

He stood beside me infront of the lake and looked at the sun inhaling a deep breath. He turned to lock his gaze with mine and that's when I realised I was already looking at him. I slowly looked down to avert my eyes. Seldom when I look is his eyes I realise that his eyes are actually very beautiful and it feels like they hold alot of stories. His eyes locked with mine provide me the most comfort anything ever could.

I looked back at him and smiled turning my gaze to the sun. After a few seconds I heard a snap and i turned to see him looking at his phone and chuckling. "You just clicked a picture of me didn't you! Delete it!" I held his shoulders and shook him and he just chuckled and shook his head a No.