V

Five years later, as a successful lawyer my life felt super hectic. All the craziness and fun of the school had been long forgotten and the people had been left behind. I wasn't exactly in contact with anybody. The company I worked for literally sucked the life out of lawyers throughout the day. Feeling completely drained i was walking back home after taking a half day on account of being sick. I was simply tired.

I slowly staggered aimlessly. I didn't feel like returning home just yet. I continued walking until my feet brought me to a place i didn't expect to ever see again. The lake. I stood in the same place i did years ago and inhaled the fresh air. Life problems had me so occupied all the time that I almost forgot about what living actually was. I often had a sonder which made me feel a bit comforted.

This place reminded of that one man I had left far behind in time. The memories flashing back to me made me smile. The moment I closed my eyes and imagined his eyes looking right into mine I knew, that i was in love. I had come to this realisation long time ago. Probably right after we parted. I knew and i was happy about it. I was content with the feelings I had for him and wasn't planning to let anybody in my heart for quite some time.

I never got to tell him and i might never get to in the future too. But it didn't matter to me. I'm happy enough knowing that he's doing well. Although I haven't heard of him for years.

"Do you come here often?"

I whipped my head in the direction of the voice and my eyes widened in surprise to the see the very man standing in front of me who had solely occupied my thoughts. "I don't. I haven't come here since then." "At least me coming here today didn't go to waste. Right Kim?" He chuckled and i smiled taking in his familiar voice.

"Park Jimin, didn't you go to abroad for further studies? Why did you come back?"

"I just went there to study, not to make a living. I had to come back someday."

"Why?"

"For you."

"Huh?!"

"Just kidding. I'd take up my family business here. I anyway didn't like it there." I nodded understandingly. "Do you like sunsets?" He asked. "Not really. I'm more about stargazing. But who would mind seeing such a beautiful thing?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He paused for a moment to admire the scenery. Turning back to face me, he started. "So did you become a voice artist or are you a.. lawyer?"

I sighed heavily knowing that my answer would disappoint him. "Not always does life go as we want it to Park" He nodded his head, his lips forming a thin line. "I understand. By the way, are you free tomorrow?" "Depends on what you're going to ask for" "asshole we've met after years and you're giving me that petty excuse!" Both of us laughed and sat in the shade of the same old tree reminiscing the old times.