02 ; 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢

devil in disguise — 002

season one, episode two.

"Why was Jenna there?" Aria Montgomery asked in a whisper. The five girls were now sitting in the Apple Grill. After the funeral and tense conversation with the detective, they needed some time to talk and to calm down before heading home. It took Oliver Arden a while to convince, but as soon as he heard that Spencer Hastings would be there too, he let Elizabeth go. The blond haired girl was sitting between Hanna and Aria, not really paying attention to what the girls were saying, still trying to wrap her mind about everything that was happening.

Clay was back, and apparently he was now part of Rosewood's police. Jenna Marshall was also back in town, and she wasn't alone; her brother was right there next to her, and that meant trouble.

Alison was dead.

It was still hard to believe that she would never see the blonde again.

It was definitely a lot for only one day.

The itching in Elizabeth's skin appeared again, and she subtly started to scratch her arm, although she knew it wouldn't disappear. She's been out of rehab for less than a week; she was trying like hell to stay clean, but the circumstances weren't  helping. All the pain she's feeling, all the anger, the sadness, the anguish, the fear. They all could be numbed.

"Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily asked, referring to the previous conversation they had with Wilden.

"Why would we? We haven't done anything wrong" Aria was quick to answer, although Elizabeth wasn't sure that was completely true.

"Yeah, except blind a girl" Lizzie wryly commented, looking at her drink and playing with the straw.

"We promised we'd never talk about the Jenna thing again" Spencer said, a little more harsh than she intended to.

"Have you find a way to forget? I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night" Aria whispered. Lizzie could've said she had, she never remembered the whole night, it was all blurry pieces.

"It was an accident Aria" Hastings assured, trying to put an end to the conversation.

Hanna got out of her purse a flask, and poured it into her drink. Elizabeth stared at it, tempted to ask her friend to let her the flask, as she subtly scratched her right arm.

"It's medicinal" she shouted with an innocent smile to a man that was badly staring at her.

"How does A knows something about me that only Alison knew?" Emily anguished asked.

"Ali knew all of our secrets, but we never knew any of hers" Montgomery replied.

"I knew some" Spencer left out, playing with the straw of her drink. Elizabeth did too, but exposing them would mean exposing her own. And she wasn't ready for that.