🍀Chapter 01: Going To Ireland🍀

"Mia! Brianna and Kelsey are here! You better hurry it up or we'll miss the plane!"

I ran downstairs as quick as I could with my suitcase while trying not to fall down the stairs. "Sorry, uncle Jack. I was having trouble with the zip on the suitcase, but it should be okay now...I think?"

Brianna shook her head as I reached the bottom of the stairs, but ended up landing on my rear-end...again. "Trust you to trip over your own two feet. How many times have you done that in your life, Mia?"

Kelsey smirked. "Well, we've known her since we were in high school after we moved here from Ireland, and now that the three of us are 21, I'd say about 6 years or so?"

Brianna rolled her eyes. "It was a question for Mia, not you, and it was a rhetorical question, which meant that you don't answer it at all."

Kelsey chuckled and shook Brianna's shoulders, earning a scowl from her. "Oh, liven up, Anna. We're goin' home! Isn't that great?"

Kelsey O'Neil and Brianna Murphy, my two best friends (and only friends). Kelsey is the cheerful happy-go-lucky one out of the three of us. She's taller than me, but shorter than Brianna. She also likes to get up to some mischief with Brianna and I when we're bored out of our minds, but we don't do anything that's against the law like stealing, for example.

Brianna on the other hand, is the practically the big sister figure of our group. She can be serious at times, but she can be as mischievous as Kelsey as well when she wants to be. She would make sure we got our work done for school and college before doing anything we wanted. She's the tallest out of the three of us.

Anyway, like Kelsey said, the both of them moved from Ireland to New York and shared an apartment together until today.

The minute Jack mentioned about going there for the summer, they decided that now would be the time to return to Ireland after being away for awhile. Brianna told me she was in New York on a scholarship in History, and Kelsey tagged along so she could become a fashion designer.

Kelsey mainly makes dresses for special occasions, and I have to admit, she makes the most gorgeous dresses you could ever lay your eyes on. Not only that, she also plays the violin.

As for Jack...well, he's not actually my uncle. In fact, we're not even related at all.
I ran away from an orphanage when I was 16 and used the money I had been saving up from doing a part-time job at a local diner to rent a small apartment.

That's when I met Jack Woods and his partner at the time. They didn't want me living in my own in the big city, so they decided to take me in. I told them that I'll be absolutely fine, but they didn't take 'no' for an answer, so I gave in.

However, I did tell them that I wanted to pay my share of the rent as my way of thanking them. They agreed, and life was going pretty well.

That was, until Jack caught his partner cheating on him. So, she packed her bags and left without so much as a goodbye when he found out.

Since then, it's just been myself and Jack, who I've been referring to as my uncle because he's really the only family I have, even though we're not blood related.

Then along came Brianna and Kelsey who moved in next door that same year. They have been a part of our small family ever since we became friends and started hanging out together.

To be honest, I don't even know if I have a family out there, and if I did, why hadn't they tried to contact me? All I know is that my name is Amelia, but Jack, Brianna, and Kelsey call me Mia instead because its short and simple (like me).

Plus, it feels like I'm getting in trouble for something if someone calls me by my full name...and believe me when I say that that happens a lot, so I'd rather people called me Mia instead.

According to the woman who ran the orphanage I was brought up in, I was what you'd call a 'doorstep baby'. I was wrapped in a forest green blanket sleeping in a Moses basket, and all that was with me was a note that had the name 'Amelia' written on it. That's how she knew what my name was.

Truth be told, I never had a surname, so the orphanage I ran away from gave me the name 'Woods' because I loved going outside a lot, most specifically the forest not far from the orphanage.

It's coincidentally the same surname as Jacks, which is why people think we're actually related. We've gotten used to it to the point we just go along with it.

I always loved going to the forest because I can run free with no one around me. Just myself and nature, or if Brianna and Kelsey were with me, then Kelsey would play her violin, and Brianna and I would dance like fools and sing a little.

Ever since I was little, I always thought that I could hear the trees talking. When I turned to look at them, they go quiet as if I had imagined it all along.

That's one of the reasons I couldn't make friends. People called me a freak of nature. They said that I was 'away with the Fairies' because I'm always staring into space, when really, I'm thinking of the next prank to pull, and who exactly I should pull the prank on as well.

Even so, when they said that I was apparently 'away with the Fairies', I would always deny it and say that I was away with the Leprechauns just annoy the heck out of them.

Changing the subject a little, Brianna and Kelsey love pulling pranks as much as I do. In high school, we were known as 'The Three Misfits' instead of The Three Musketeers.

From dropping paint bombs on the people we didn't like by using a piece of string we hung from the door in the classroom before cutting the string and watching the paint bomb drop onto their heads, to spilling vanilla yoghurt into he principal's car because he was such a pain in the ass. Funny thing is, it looked like a flock of birds pooped on his car.

Those were some good times, until somebody grassed us up.

Anyway, back to the present.

"Taxi's here." Jack said as he opened the front door and spotted a yellow taxi cab outside. "Come on girls. We better get going before we miss the plane. After that, we've got to get on a train before we reach our destination."

Once the four of us were out of the apartment, uncle Jack locked it up, and we carried our luggage over to the cab. We placed them into the boot and opening the doors before sliding into the passenger seats, then the taxi driver drove us straight to the airport.

As soon as we got there, Jack paid for the cab before we got out and grabbed our luggage and rushed into the airport. We went through security check and gave the guy at the desk our tickets. We then got onto the plane, and off we went to Ireland, where it is said that Fairies and Leprechauns live.

If that were true, that'll be my childhood dream come true if I get the chance to meet either one of them.

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀
**End Of Chapter 01**