🍀Chapter 05: Leprechauns & Mischief🍀

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀

On our walk to where Mickey was directing me to, he explained to me what kind of people (or beings, I should say) that the Trooping Fairies are. "So, these 'Trooping Fairies' as you call them...you're saying I shouldn't trust them?"

"That's right." He said with a slight nod. "Not one word. Assuming yer see one yourself, of course."

"So much for faith, trust, and the whole pixie dust Peter Pan thing." I mumbled.

"Who's this Peter Pan fellow?" Mickey raised a brow in confusion.

I stifled a laugh. "He's a story book character by an author named J.M. Barrie. He wrote a story about a boy who never grew up named Peter Pan. He had adventures fighting Captain Hook with the lost boys in Neverland. Peter had a friend; a companion named Tinkerbell, who was a fairy. She gave him pixie dust in order for him to be able to fly. Surely you've heard of the story?"

Mickey shook his head. "No, can't say I have. That pixie dust thing you were talking about, I s'pose that's true, but the idea of them having faith and trust and what have yer...I'd say find me a fairy who has all three of those in that checklist, and I might believe it."

"Mornin' Mickey!"

Mickey jumped on the palm of my hand and waved at two male Leprechauns standing in the middle of the field, waiting patiently by some sheep who were minding their own business. "Top of the mornin' to yer, lads!" I placed him gently on the ground beside the two Leprechauns as soon as we reached them.

"Who's this las? A friend of yours?" The smaller of the two asked.

Mickey grinned and gestured a hand to me. "Boys, this is Amelia."

They're eyes widened in surprise for some reason. "Amelia?!" The taller one turned to Mickey. "Mickey-" Mickey whispered in his ear before patting him on the back. He nodded and greeted me with a smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Amelia. Welcome to our home, I guess? I'm Jericho, and this is Barney, me younger brother."

"Just Mia is fine." I told them.

Barney smiled and waved at me. "Hi, Mia."

I smiled nervously and gave a small wave. "H-Hello."

Why was this boy making me nervous and my heart race? He may be a handsome Leprechaun, but he's still a Leprechaun Mia, and you're human.

Mickey was walking in front with Jericho beside him, talking about how he met Jack, while Barney and I were looking around the field behind them. I felt a bit of pain at the back of my head for some reason, and my ears were a little sore, too. I decided to ignore them both. I was probably just getting a headache or something. It'll disappear soon.

"So, this Mr. Woods, he's not from around here then?" Jericho asked as he walked beside Mickey, who was leaning his arm on Jericho's shoulder.

"No." Mickey shook his head and joked with him. "From his accent, I'd say he was from Dublin."