🌷Chapter 02: One Surprise After Another🌷

Several hours later, the plane landed at the airport in Ireland successfully. I can't tell you how much I am glad to get off of that death trap!

We grabbed our luggage and walked to the train station with Kelsey and Brianna leading the way since they knew Ireland better than we did.

As we got to the station, we purchased a ticket each and waited at least 10 minutes for the train to arrive. When it did, the four of us quickly got on it and found some spare seats at sat down. I was behind Kelsey and Brianna, and Jack sat across from us with a book about Ireland in his hands just as the train started moving.

Kelsey and Brianna turned around in their seat to face me with matching grins. "We know how much you love surprises, so we have a lovely surprise for you that we know you'll absolutely love."

Brianna nodded. "Yep, and it's something you won't want to take off either."

I smiled and shook my head. "Girls, you didn't have to get me anything, really. I don't need anything because the best gift of all is having you both as my best friends."

Kelsey and Brianna looked at each other before turning their attention back to me. "No doubt about it."

"Now quit stalling and hold out your hand." Brianna practically commanded.

I couldn't help but laugh as I held my hand out for her like she told me to. "Okay, your majesty." My laughing stopped when she pulled out a silver necklace with a four-leaf clover on it. It was silver and shined when the sunlight touched it for a split second before she placed it in my hand.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Kelsey asked. "Put it on, Mia."

I stared at it in curiosity. Something about it seemed so familiar, but I'm absolutely sure that I've never seen this before in my life.

Either way, I put it on and managed to clip in in place on my neck. Once it was on me, I started having a flashback of a memory that I never knew I had before.

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀

"Aw, look at the wee thing. She had her mother's eyes."

"She may have my eyes, but by the luck of the Irish, I hope the poor girl doesn't end up with your personality."

"That's our mother for you Amelia. Always looking out for her family.
Honestly, that woman worries too much.
I guess that's what a mother's job is, I suppose."

"Now, you listen to me; if you bring home a young Romeo who tickles ya fancy, you introduce him to me first, you hear?
Sean, Jericho, Barney and I'll take care of him-Uh...you know, we'll just give the lad a word and all.
You need not worry."

"You be a good girl for us, though we definitely won't be disappointed to hear that you've been up to some mischief with the humans."

"I didn't think I'd have to say goodbye to you until you were off on your honeymoon after you marry the love of your life, whomever it may be."

"Of course, we can't have everything we've hoped for, can we? So, I guess I'll have to push forward my goodbye to you many years earlier than I had anticipated."

"We love you,
our precious little clover."

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀
🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀