Chapter 4

Mabel finished making one of those casty thingies for Dipper's ankle.

"Uhhh, Mabel. I don't think zombies can heal." Wendy said.

"Pish posh. Maybe we can find a way to fix it." Mabel smiled.

Dipper groaned as he laid on the bed. His breathing turned into small noises of regurgitation.

"Shoot, we didn't feed him!" Wendy said worriedly.

"Oh no! Hurry get the squirrels!" Mabel yelled. Wendy handed one of the squirming live squirrels to Mabel. "I'm so sorry little guy." Mabel said before holding it for Dipper.

Her zombro bolted up and ripped the squirrel's head from out of her hand.

"AAAAAHHHH!" Mabel screamed, throwing the body at Dipper, who consumed it without hesitation. Mabel went right next to Wendy, who stood there shocked with Mabel hugging her.

She watched in fear as he licked his bloody fingers happily. "He's still my bro, he's still my bro." Mabel muttered repeatedly. She stopped when she heard the soft growl of the undead's stomach. How is that still working for him?

The zombie moved closer to the pair of girls. "Get away!" Wendy shouted. Mabel didn't disagree.

Dipper opened his mouth and made a breathy noise, like he was hissing. That noise slowly turned into the usual zombie gibberish.

When Dipper got really close to them, Mabel realized something. "Wendy, give him the other squirrel."

"You think that'll work?" Wendy asked.

"Just throw it!" Mabel commanded.

Wendy nodded and dangled the squirrel by it's tail. Dipper's eyes widened as he limped as fast as he could. He ate the creature straight from Wendy's hand. The red head flinched backwards. "Just take the cage, man" Wendy said, throwing Dipper the cage with the last two squirrels. The cage ended up toppled over on the floor in the end.

The undead kid sat down with the cage, inspecting it. "How...." He moaned robotically. He eventually found the little lock and unlocked it. He reached in his hand hand caught one of the squirrels, letting the other one run under a bed. He tore the squirrel apart as he ate it mercilessly.

"Let's hang downstairs..." Wendy suggested.

"Agreed." Mabel replied. They both walked out of the room, making sure to lock it. They also scootched a chair under the knob. Just in case.

Mabel pet the tiny deer that she snuck into her pocket. "I guess we have to feed him daily?"

"Yeah, man. Unless we teach him to go and buy his own food." Wendy said, holding back a chuckle while her and Mabel walked downstairs into the living room.

"Yeah.... wait a sec... YEAH! Let's teach Dip how to buy his own food! Maybe if we let him spend time with other people, he'll understand how unzombie he is." Mabel said excitedly, placing the deer in a hamster cage. - Stan insisted it's previous owner 'disappeared' after somehow opening the cage, who knew he hated possums?-

"Mabel, I'm pretty sure with zombienism, you lose most of your self control." Wendy pointed out.

"That's exactly why we need to teach him it. We're going to need glitter, a leash, something to stop him from biting and nail clippers." Mabel said. "Meet back here with all of our supplies. I'll get the leash and glitter."

"Mabel, I-"

"For Dipper!" Mabel shouted as she ran upstairs, she probably had a leash up there somewhere, right?

As she walked up the stairs, a whimpering sound was heard. Was that Dipper? She pulled the chair out and unlocked the door, she opened it and found Dipper right by the door. "Dip, go sit in your bed." Mabel snapped her fingers towards the bed, and Dipper obeyed. Mabel's eyes locked with the journal that sat on the floor. "Read this." She said, handing him the book.

The zombie grabbed it and slowly began flipping through the pages. "Auuuttthhoor." Dipper groaned.

Mabel gave him a sympathetic smile. "Now, for the glitter and leash." She said aloud. She leaned down and put a hand under her bed. Glitter, score! When she got back up, she was greeted face to face with her twin. "Bro, go back a few paces, it's called personal space."

The undead child backed up and crossed his arms, giving the 'really?' face.

Mabel giggled, these had to be signs he was getting better, right? A thought drifted through her mind. "Bro, got any leashes from fighting monsters and junk?"

Dipper nodded.

"Really? Where?"

Dipper limped closer to her and grabbed her shoulders. He went straight for the head. "BAD DIPPER!" She yelled, kicking him off her before he could bite or anything.

She stormed into the closet, she could see if there was a leash in there, while Dipper... uh, calmed down. Her hand reached for a flashlight, which she was glad she found. She lit it, and the first thing she seen was Dipper's monster trapping equipment in a trunk. "Oh ho ho ho!" She smiled. She opened it up, and sure enough, there were metallic chains meant for holding a wolf or some creature down by a collar. "Just what I needed."

She opened the closet door slowly to find Dipper reading the journal... upside down. He also looked like he was chewing something. Mabel decided it was best not to find out. The walking Dip looked towards Mabel and put his things down. "Ray-rell" He groaned as he started walking towards her.

"Rehab begins today Brobro." Mabel said, snapping the thing around Dipper's neck. Dipper scratched at it uncomfortably. "You'll be the world's first zombie to be reintroduced to society!"