Chapter 9

((No time to edit, please comment mistakes and places where characters seemed out of character and/or places that needed more poetic mechanics. Also pacing; Will fix later! Thanks!))

"Rarell ra reeen ra ree dra drrournal." Dipper babbled.

Before Mabel could say anything, Stan spoke up. "He wants the journal, sweetie."

"Thanks, Stan!" Said man was drifting. Not really looking where he was driving, his eyes were locked on the road. He knew Dipper had to go sometime.

"Come on... it was just a scratch... how infectious could it be, Ford?"

Mabel poked her daydreaming Grunkle. "So?"

Stan shook himself out of his daze. "So what?" He replied, hearing Dipper mumble and whine in the background.

"What's he going on about? He's been talking for the past, like 5 minutes." Mabel said, pursing her lips at her zombro.

Dipper was freaking out. The page was gone! There was no tear in the journal or any sign it even existed. He let out a series of distressed grunts, whines and moans, leafing through the entire journal. "Sounds like he lost something. Probably important." He parked the red car in front of the shack and got out, already going into the house.

Mabel sighed and looked to her brother. He stopped his panicked frenzy and stared back. "What I would give to get you back to normal..."

She got out and locked her door, meeting Dipper at his. She unbuckled and led him inside like a small child.

They passed by Wendy who was heading home. "Bye Wendy!" She smiled and waved as the red headed teen left.

Mabel took Dipper's leash off and let him relax. After an hour or more of letting him roam the house, she decided today was a long day and they should get to bed.

She sighed as she walked into the living room. "Okay Dipping Sauce. Time for-" She screamed.

Dipper's make up was almost completely washed off, revealing his decaying face, making the sight more horrifying. The hamster cage was open. He was lapping the animal blood off his hands. Her eyes watered. "...Aoshima?" She whimpered her pet's name.

Stan stumbled in the room in his underwear and... a scarf? "What? What happened?!" He yelled, putting on his brass knuckles and tripping on a loose floorboard. He looked up.

Mabel rubbed her eyes. "He ate Aoshima."

"Who?"

"The tiny deer..." Mabel said, obviously upset.

Stan got up and put his foot down. "That is it! Dipper, you're on time out." He grabbed the zombie by the collar and flung his scarf into Dipper's mouth as a gag.

"What?! Stan! No!" Mabel yelled. "It's not his fault!"

Stan scowled and led Dipper towards a loose chain that was laying around the house. "Yes, it is." He tied Dipper's wrists to his collar. "And if we're keeping him he has to learn not to kill unless you tell him to." He tied Dipper's restraints really tight.

"This is unfair, Stan!" Mabel pleaded. "At least let him stay in our closet."

"No, he's going outside." Stan led the boy out the door and tied him to a post. "From now on this is how punishments are going to be, missy."

"He won't survive out there, Stan! He was just hungry!"

Her Grunkle shook his head. "Now off to bed with you."

Mabel huffed and stomped up the stairs.

Stan sighed and looked out the window to his great nephew. The kid stared at the wall. Dipper flicked his head towards Stan, scaring him half to death. "Yeesh." Stan closed the blinds.

Mabel heard knocking on their doors. She stopped flinging her dinner at her twin and got up. She opened it without a second thought. "I'm here for your brother." The scary man said.

She ran to her twin and gripped his arm, tight. Dipper walked towards the man and agreed to go with him, leaving his sister in tears and limping towards the exit. "Bye, Mabel. I love you... and...." Dipper was in tears. She couldn't hear the next thing he said. She only seen him mouthing the words... I'll miss you.

The door closed. "Dipper... wait." She whimpered. All around her the house turned shady and dark, similar to a void. Tears dripped down her face. "Don't leave me... I'll miss you too."

Mabel's eyes threw themselves open, not too unsimilar from when she opened doors excitedly. She could feel her heart pounding and she wiped away the crust from her eyes. She felt more than that. There were tears there and- Dipper!

She threw her blanket to the side and jumped out of bed, rushing past the splintering floors to the exit.

She hummed in relief. He was still there, sitting on the porch couch. Man, he was still dirty, he had a bunch of crusted and still fresh blood on him! "Come on, bro. Let's get you inside." She winced at his peeling skin. His groans seemed more automatic. It was like a hollow shelled out- no. It was still him. He was still fine.

She sat him at the dining table and got out her breakfast. She decided to untie the chains later. For now he was stuck to the chair. She gave him a warm smile. He was still there. Still good. Everything's good. And happy. Like always... right? Yeah.

Knocks on the door. She felt herself stiffen. She looked to her brother and gulped. "There's no such thing as zombie police, right?"

Dipper didn't react. She gulped and crept towards the door. She opened it to be greeted with Wendy.

"Hey girl, just thought I'd bring some more food for him." The red head lifted a cage.

Mabel sighed. "Thank you, he was getting hungry I thought I'd have to go find him something or something." She laughed a bit nervously. "Come in, he's just sitting in the kitchen."

Wendy handed Mabel the cage. She took it. There was an opossum and a few squirrels. "I wasn't sure what he wanted, so I just got him whatever."

"Great! Exactly what he wanted." She said as she walked into the kitchen. "Right Brobro?"

The zombie just struggled in his restraints. "Mabel..." Wendy started. "I think he's gotten worse."

Mabel gave an almost wry smile. "Naw, he's fine! I'm sure of it... just gotta clean him up a bit..."

Dipper violently gnawed at Stan's sweater as he tipped over with the chair, growling and groaning. "Ra droural rage chiz GRA." He whined.

Wendy just stared and Mabel laughed weakly. "It's just a tantrum... he'll be fine."

Wendy coughed. "So... how's Canders and the Grendinator?"

"Good, good. I should probably call them." Mabel said, dropping her smile and watching Dipper's disturbing tantrum.

"Let's go do that..." Wendy said, making Mabel leave the cage on the table and running out with her. She waited until they made it into the attic then spoke. "What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know! He's just... not liking Stan's chains I guess."

"Or he's becoming unstable."

The girls stiffened and both looked towards the closet.

"... was that?"

Wendy nodded. "Came from there."