chapter twenty.

"I'm going to miss you, Ellie

"I'm going to miss you, Ellie." I sighed, handing her the bag she packed. She gave me a soft smile, taking it from me.

"You can come stay with us, there are more than two rooms for you." She said.

Now that Atlas is back, she's going back to her house, I learned that they all stayed in one big house, all three of them. That house is bigger than my own, so I was amazed. It must be so lonely for her living there when Atlas and Nicolas are not around. 

"I'm not family," I shrugged, "and I'm not on good terms with Nicolas."

She raised a brow, and then nodded. What happened last night was something no one wants to talk about. Valerio got a bad hit, it got me insanely mad because of how Nicolas acted. It's like... it's something I can't explain. I wasn't scared, I was annoyed. He didn't even let me speak, nor explain what Val said, and on the other hand, why should I talk to him about my personal life?

He came back and pretended nothing ever happened. No greetings, no handshakes, straight to hitting Valerio with his fist.

"Ellie, you ready?" Atlas showed up, a sweet smile pasted on his face.

Nicolas should be like Atlas. Calm, sweet and normal. He's all scary, mean and nowhere near normal. Does it scare me? No. He stopped being scary when we kissed, maybe it's because of how he used to treat me, or how he'd look at me. All soft and vulnerable and open. 

"Yes, give me a minute." Ellie said, turning red. "Oceana, I'm guessing I'd see you soon?"

I nodded, giving her another hug. Maybe we can hung out sometimes, beaches and all.

When Ellie and Atlas left, I went straight to the kitchen. Saying goodbye hurts me, so instead of doing it, I'll eat myself out. Nicolas and Valerio stood near my counter, both laughing about something. My eyes landed straight to Valerio's left eye, swollen, a small bandage on his cheek. I rolled my eyes, remembering what Nicolas did.

Don't be like that.

He must have done it out of anger, don't think bad about him.

But I can't, he decided he'd hurt my friend. He walked in, and did that to him.

Nicolas was first to speak, but I ignored him. Walking to Valerio, the other man in my small kitchen didn't matter.

I smiled, "Hey."

Valerio straightened, a cold look written all over his face. "You okay?"

I nodded, pointing at his eyes. "You?"

He softened and nodded. "Don't worry about me, seriously. That's just how he greets me all the damn time." Valerio joked, laughing a little.

I wasn't impressed, raising a brow. I crossed my arms and turned around, now facing Nicolas. His jaw was clenched while he leaned on my kitchen counter.