19

And there he was.

The blonde chugging down more shots as the whole bunch at the table cheered him up. Kazuha watched the whole situation through the transparent walls from the outside, hesitating to enter through the door when he realized that his arrival would be the end of this bright occasion.

The whole scene seemed so perfect; everyone had a grin plastered onto their faces, the sounds of glasses clacking together, overlapped by the cheerful laughs echoing through the entire room - but the one who stood out the most amongst them was Tomo.

His hand touched the glass seperating the two from each other, in an attempt to reach out to him.
Just go in, he had thought to himself, "Tomo asked you to join... he invited you."

But how could he, when his loved one was having the best time of his life?

The albino could perceive the whole atmosphere from the outside, making him even stiffer than before. He didn't want to be a party pooper - not when Tomo, the person in the center of the party was having so much fun.

And besides, he was just a side character in his life.
The term describing their relationship was nothing special. It gave Kazuha no right to take him away from his other, probably even closer friends.
The two of them were just friends. Friends.
The word tasted bitter on his tongue.

Tomo only messaged him because he looked pretty in the first place, so what if he wasn't pretty then?
Even though Kazuha never cared for such things, he knew himself that he was boring, old fashioned, not trendy at all, unlike those girls in his class.
Yet the blonde sticked with him all this time, telling him that he was adorable - personality wise. Trying to hit on him everytime he had the chance; he couldn't comprehend him at all.

He had hoped for Tomo to turn around and look at him. If he was unable to approach him, the only solution was to just wait. Patience...
But how long would Kazuha have to wait for him to turn his damn head and notice the albino standing in the cold watching his party through the windows?
Would he even react, knowing how unrecognizable everything became in his eyes after several shots? - to have even mistaken his own friend sitting next to him with someone else..

But it eventually happened.

During his dilemma of deciding whether he should go in or not, Tomo picked up his phone in the next moments to take a look at the time. In an instant, he stood up and grabbed his jacket to get ready and head back home. When the atmosphere suddenly changed, the laughs going silent for a while, Kazuha looked up with beaming eyes. He felt awful thinking that way - but he was utterly glad to see Tomo walking towards him in the following second.

He immediately opens the door for the blonde to pass through, getting greeted with a sloppy hug in exchange. "Tomo.... you're heavy...", he stutters out as he tries his best to support his weight to prevent the other from crashing onto the ground.

"I want to go home...."

The smell of booze had gotten mixed up with his scent, making Kazuha slightly uncomfortable from how unfamiliar it felt in his nostrils. But he embraced him tightly, feeling small and helpless in his arms once again. He then replies with "Mh, let's go home.", before heading over to his own place (because he didn't know where Tomo lived).

______________________________

"Kazuha"

"Yes?"