2

Waking up in the room that she had seen littered in bodies of her friends was odd for Yelena

Waking up in the room that she had seen littered in bodies of her friends was odd for Yelena. The hospital wing had been destroyed, used as a place to round up the dead from the battle against the dark. And now it was pristine as ever.

The beds where all perfectly laid out, neat with not a single crease. The windows let the bright light in, forcing the blonde it peel her eyes open and try and clear the sleep from her eyes. Looking down she realised her leather cat suit had been removed as she was instead wearing a hospital gown.

Bolting upwards at the realisation she had none of her stuff with her, she was held back by a spelled cuff attaching her to the metal bed frame.
"What the f-"

"Ah, your awake!" Came a bright cheery voice from the other side of the wing. "Brilliant. Now don't try to get up, you have been through a lot. Multiple scars that are magically inflicted, most are old though. However, I was able to heal some of the bruising and new injuries. Now those are recent, seems as though you've just come from a battle." The voice said with a light chuckle.

Yelena had to blink slightly to process the on slaughter of information and upon finding the owner of the voice she was taken aback by a much younger Poppy Pomfrey. Her hair was pulled back in the same way as it always was, but her face was kinder, less aquatinted with the horrors of war perhaps.

"Poppy?" The girl questioned tiredly, confusion lacing her voice. The woman tutted.
"It's Madame Pomfrey to you young lady. Despite not know who you are or where you have come from, you are still my patient. So lie back down!" Her voice was stern now, much like the nurse Yelena was used to.

The Russian lay back down.
"Po- Madame Pomfrey, could I please talk to Dumbledore. I need to explain why I'm here." She asked boldly causing the woman to sigh and nod.

"Very well, but after, rest!" The younger saluted the nurse as she left the room. Not a minuet later, the elderly man walked in with McGonagall following after him loyally as per usual.

"Ah, I see our guest has woken. Now, I do believe you have rather a lot of explaining to do miss-" he trailed off, obviously being unaware of the girls name.

"Yelena. And yes. I promise I mean no harm. You see, in the future we've lost to Lord Voldemort-" a harsh intake of breath, "and my friend, I believe he sent me back here to ensure that this time we don't." Her expression was hard and her voice didn't waver despite the memories flying through her mind.

"Miss Yelena, I'm sure you are aware but messing with time can have most serious consequences." McGonagall retorted sharply, pursing her lips and furrowing her brows.

Yelena nodded in response "yes I'm aware Minnie, but you see my..." she hesitated, "abilities wouldn't have sent me here if it wasn't the right thing. It will not effect my time line, only it will start a new one. And at least in one life we will be able to grow up like normal children." She was strong and passionate in her speaking as she looked at her elders in the eyes.

Dumbledore waved his hand in a 'elaborate' sort of gesture. The blonde took another deep breath.
"You see, if I can change certain things in this time, then we won't lose." She kept it brief, not wanting to relay the whole future.

The two professors shared a look before Dumbledore spoke.
"Very well, we'll talk to the order to decide whether we think it's a good idea." He nodded to himself in confirmation whilst McGonagall looked back at the young woman chained to the bed.

"Professor," Yelena whispered, "I hope you know, whether you like it or not, i will be completing my mission." Her blue eyes bored into her future godmothers.

"I expect nothing less from my goddaughter." She whispered back with a wink whilst she unchained the younger girls wrist.

"Miss Yelena," Dumbledore started, his face not bringing the girl as much comfort as it once did, " find your possessions under your bed. You posses some powerful objects. Would you perhaps inform us of your last name?"

Yelena steeled her self and speaking confidently, "Merlin. Yelena Merlin."