Was Leo real?

Leo was serious about what he wanted and didn’t play around so when he went home, he told his mother that he was going and one of his older sisters came with him. When Leo arrived at Hayley's house, he was happy to see that she had a nice house, and he went in to meet Hayley’s parents. They had made dinner and talked about what the situation was. The parents agreed and didn’t have many problems with it. Liam trusted Leo and made a deal with him. Leo should take good care of her and stay with her when she needs him and never let her down. Leo respected her father and told him that he will treat her well. Leo wanted it to be a straightforward relationship and when they both finish college they will get married and buy their own house and car. Leo didn’t really recognize that Hayley was from a moderated family. His older sister was happy for them, but she did recognize it but for her it wasn’t a big problem, she didn’t even mention it to her parents. 
Emma and Liam were actually really sick and knew they could die soon. They both had Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It’s a long-term progressive lung disease that makes breathing difficult in the final stages. But Hayley didn’t know about it, her parents just wanted her to be happy, that’s why they agreed on Leo. Also, because he was a good fit young man and was honest with them.