One month later

A month later Liam got really sick and couldn’t even get out of bed. Hayley was so afraid that she would lose someone again. She already had lost her best friend in a car accident when she lived in the Bronx, her grandmother died of cancer and now her dad is so sick. She was already really depressed but she tried to hide it from everyone. Nobody knew that she was depressed. She tried to hide her pain, sadness and fears. She didn’t even want to socialize anymore. She didn’t trust anyone but Leo. Hayley had lots of problems with her friends in her childhood, but everyone kept saying friends come and go, like the waves of the ocean. It kept her going on but when she went to college, she didn’t want that anymore. 
Liam got really sick and eventually died. Hayley couldn’t stand it anymore. College was hard for her, her father died and now she is so insecure. Leo was a social person and loved talking to other people and she couldn’t socialize that much anymore. She stayed home for two weeks, tried to cancel all her plans to hide from everyone. Leo came by after college but she didn’t even want to see him. He told her he understood her situation and tried to help her through it.