CHAPTER ONE

1

| Merrily we fall out of line, out of line.

-

"Yeah, yeah. We arrived safely mother." Michael said through the phone while clutching his jacket as he waited for his baggage. His accent made him stand out from the crowd of people native to the country and it made him nervous. The reason they immigrated here wasn't good after all, his father committed crimes and now he's on the run. Michael had to get dragged with him since he's under William's custody after the divorce settlement.

"Good. Stay safe Michael.."

"Yeah, same for you." He sighed sadly after he received no response and placed the phone down from his ear after hearing the call end.

He placed his hands in his jacket's pockets as he watched his baggage get closer to him. He reached out for the heavy bag and dragged it with him as he walked towards the bench where his father sat with a magazine.

"Look Michael, we could stop by here and have some sight seeing." William suggested while pointing at the photograph of a landscape.

It was pretty, he's got to admit. But his father treated this trip as some sort vacation and it made him extremely frustrated. Not only was his life in America ripped away from him but he was also expected to stay with his father for God knows how long.

It's a pain how he has to pay for his father's sins as well. Michael knew he wasn't clean himself as he did partake in the incident that caused his brother's life to be taken.

He knew it was an accident but he still felt extreme guilt. So much that he can't even sleep properly till this day.

At least he knew he felt remorse, unlike his father who was currently flipping through the tourist magazine page like he didn't just stuff children since animatronic suits.

Michael sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. William looked up from the page and rose a brow.

"I- I just want to rest, okay? The trip was tiring as hell and I'm not really in the mood to walk around and explore."

William nodded understandably as even he himself was tired of the trip. The two of them wheeled their luggage behind them as they walked towards the entrance where a line of taxis picked up passengers.

One taxi stopped before them and the driver got out to help the father and son place their belongings in the trunk. All of them then hopped back in the car after William told the man where their destination is.

The drive to their new house wasn't that far as it only took 40 minutes. When they arrived, the movers had already started taking their things out of the truck and placed them inside the unfurnished home.

"Well this place looks nice." William said as he peeked through the car window, "Looks peaceful too."

Michael looked out of the window beside him and observed the place. The neighborhood looks somewhat similar to the one they used to live in, except there are more trees, some unfinished houses currently being built and dogs roaming around the places while kids played around with their bicycles.

The two stepped out of the car after his father paid the taxi and Michael immediately felt the warm air hit him. The climate was far different in here and he was already tempted to change out of his thick jacket from how hot it is.

The kids playing by the streets stopped to stare at the newcomers. They look new and foreign and the people walking by the street couldn't help but look at their new neighbor.