Cнаpтёя 2

"Alright, we are here." Officer Jones states the obvious and I refrain from rolling my eyes. I sigh and open the car door, slamming it shut behind me.

"Mike, how's it going man?" A rather handsome man, greets Jones with a large smile showcasing his dimples.

"I'm alright Pluto." Jones give him a side hug and I continue to check out Pluto. His thick black hair framing his face perfectly. "Oh this is Sage, Sage this is Pluto, the owner of this place."

"Nice to meet you." Pluto says excitedly, reaching his hand out and I raise my brow.

"You too." I nod at him, ignoring his hand. They talk a bit more as I wait impatiently to go inside so I can stop freezing my ass off. I think they forgot I don't have a coat.

"I'll show you to your room. Are you hungry? Dinner already happened but I can make you something really quick." He offers and I practically start salivating at the mention of food.

"If it's not to much trouble." I try to play polite and we stop outside of a black door.

"This is your room. I'll be back with your food." He says and walks back down the stairs. Between hunger and exhaustion I didn't really take in the house or even my bedroom.

I slump onto the comfortable bed, wanting to fall asleep but the consistent pain from my hunger keeps me awake. A knock sounds at my door and I sigh sitting up. "Come in." I call softly and Pluto peeks his head in, a plate of fried chicken, Mac and cheese, mixed vegetables, and a dinner roll following behind him, making me perk up.

"For you, Sage." He sets everything down and pulls out a water from his hoodie pocket.

"Thank you, Pluto." I say genuinely and he shivers slightly at my words.

"You're welcome Sage. I'll go over the rules with you tomorrow then. Have a good night." He rushes out and heads towards my door.

"You too." I tell him and then I begin to eat my food. It's honestly the best food I've ever tasted. Usually I was left to fend for my own and finding food that's not rotten was hard to come by, especially if you didn't have any money because your mom used it all to by drugs.

I finish eating and finally lay down on the bed, groaning at how full I feel. I switch off the lights using the remote on the bedside table and instantly fall asleep.